Feb 22, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
In the next 24-48 hours, one team is going to get a solid big man who can come off their bench and provide some size — Joel Przybilla is going to make his decision.
The Bulls had been considered the front runners but the Heat also had been in negotiations with (and reportedly made an offer to) the 11-year NBA veteran. The, in an interview with the Oregonian, his agent Bill Duffy said the Trail Blazers — where Przybilla played for six seasons — also is in the mix.
“I think Portland is always the sentimental favorite for obvious reasons,” Duffy said. “Joel has a home here and he had the best years of his career here. And at this particular time, it looks like he is needed, too.”
The money, the veteran’s minimum, will be the same wherever he chooses.
I’d still put my money on the Bulls, but the Blazers may be a close second.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49