Feb 22, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
In the next 24-48 hours, one team is going to get a solid big man who can come off their bench and provide some size — Joel Przybilla is going to make his decision.
The Bulls had been considered the front runners but the Heat also had been in negotiations with (and reportedly made an offer to) the 11-year NBA veteran. The, in an interview with the Oregonian, his agent Bill Duffy said the Trail Blazers — where Przybilla played for six seasons — also is in the mix.
“I think Portland is always the sentimental favorite for obvious reasons,” Duffy said. “Joel has a home here and he had the best years of his career here. And at this particular time, it looks like he is needed, too.”
The money, the veteran’s minimum, will be the same wherever he chooses.
I’d still put my money on the Bulls, but the Blazers may be a close second.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 45
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31