Feb 22, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
In the next 24-48 hours, one team is going to get a solid big man who can come off their bench and provide some size — Joel Przybilla is going to make his decision.
The Bulls had been considered the front runners but the Heat also had been in negotiations with (and reportedly made an offer to) the 11-year NBA veteran. The, in an interview with the Oregonian, his agent Bill Duffy said the Trail Blazers — where Przybilla played for six seasons — also is in the mix.
“I think Portland is always the sentimental favorite for obvious reasons,” Duffy said. “Joel has a home here and he had the best years of his career here. And at this particular time, it looks like he is needed, too.”
The money, the veteran’s minimum, will be the same wherever he chooses.
I’d still put my money on the Bulls, but the Blazers may be a close second.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61