Feb 22, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
In the next 24-48 hours, one team is going to get a solid big man who can come off their bench and provide some size — Joel Przybilla is going to make his decision.
The Bulls had been considered the front runners but the Heat also had been in negotiations with (and reportedly made an offer to) the 11-year NBA veteran. The, in an interview with the Oregonian, his agent Bill Duffy said the Trail Blazers — where Przybilla played for six seasons — also is in the mix.
“I think Portland is always the sentimental favorite for obvious reasons,” Duffy said. “Joel has a home here and he had the best years of his career here. And at this particular time, it looks like he is needed, too.”
The money, the veteran’s minimum, will be the same wherever he chooses.
I’d still put my money on the Bulls, but the Blazers may be a close second.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8