Feb 22, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
In the next 24-48 hours, one team is going to get a solid big man who can come off their bench and provide some size — Joel Przybilla is going to make his decision.
The Bulls had been considered the front runners but the Heat also had been in negotiations with (and reportedly made an offer to) the 11-year NBA veteran. The, in an interview with the Oregonian, his agent Bill Duffy said the Trail Blazers — where Przybilla played for six seasons — also is in the mix.
“I think Portland is always the sentimental favorite for obvious reasons,” Duffy said. “Joel has a home here and he had the best years of his career here. And at this particular time, it looks like he is needed, too.”
The money, the veteran’s minimum, will be the same wherever he chooses.
I’d still put my money on the Bulls, but the Blazers may be a close second.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6