Tuesday And-1 links: We talk LeBron’s steak house eating habits

Feb 21, 2012, 11:23 AM EDT

Heats' James looks around after an opponent's free throw went through the basket during their game against the Magic in Miami Reuters

Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).

When he dines out at a fine steak house, LeBron James apparently likes apple martinis, his steak well done and he wants it cut up for him. Not my drink of choice but I can live with the apple martini. Getting your steak cut up for you is a little juvenile, but fine. However, the wannabe foodie in me must complain — to have a good piece of steak cooked until it is well done is a crime against nature and the animal that gave its life for your meal. Medium at most. I’m medium rare to rare myself. Also, tip a lot. That’s how these people make a living. (Via Ball Don’t Lie)

On a serious note, Dwyane Wade is concerned that the Heat not peak too early.

Stephen Jackson got a DNP-CD from Bucks coach Scott Skiles Monday against the Magic. That situation is deteriorating fast.

Wilson Chandler hopes to have a deal with the Nuggets in the next week or so.

Kobe Bryant says his jumper is “sexier” than Dirk Nowitzki’s. I have no idea how to judge that. Nor do I want to.

What trouble in the Lakers organization? Metta World Peace gives his stamp of approval to Mitch Kupchak.

Dave Chappelle swung by the Warriors locker room and hung out.

Drew Gooden is getting a second opinion on his wrist.

Ty Lawson sprained his left ankle again Monday night. We don’t know the severity yet, but don’t expect to see him for a couple games.

Minnesota’s suddenly hot big man Nikola Pekovic also rolled his ankle but said after the game it was “not bad.”

The Kings are trying to use Tyreke Evans as a small forward, and that’s a big adjustment for him.

Expect Danilo Gallinari to return to the Nuggets after the All-Star break.

Andrea Bargnani will be out through the All-Star Game.

The Warriors picked up a good win Monday night, and Mark Jackson doesn’t want to go there, but if they fall too far out of the playoff picture look for the Warriors to start force-feeding the young players (Klay Thompson fantasy owners rejoice).

Quentin Richardson suffered a quad injury Monday night and did not return to the game. That’s not a huge blow to Orlando, however.

The Hornets are giving Donald Sloan a second 10-day contract.

1. david8726 - Feb 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Well done steak?

Good grief, come on Bron. Medium at most.

• zeedoubleyou - Feb 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Huge LeBron fan but I have to agree.

Ordering a fine steak well-done is like putting premium gasoline into your lawn mower. Sure it will work, but you can’t tell the difference.

• 808raiderinparadise - Feb 21, 2012 at 2:39 PM

… and a banana cognac b*ch!

• 808raiderinparadise - Feb 21, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I can deal with the well done cut steak, its terrible, but hey …. steaks are cooked to order of prefference , not mine, but his. BUT THE APPLE MARTINI’S !!!???

• skids003 - Feb 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Didn’t he appear on that worst tippers list? He thinks his mere presence is so wonderful for the people there, so he doesn’t tip. And demands they cut his steak for him!!! What a bum.

2. tracker55 - Feb 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM

So Labron likes sweet drinks, well done meat, and his food cut up for him. What’s the big deal? So does every other 7 year old!

3. jordanaires - Feb 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Agree. Someone (hello, Dwayne) needs to school LBJ on this thing. And cut your own froggin’ steak!!

4. adawara - Feb 21, 2012 at 1:09 PM

pass the ketchup

5. rj88888 - Feb 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM

It sounds like Lebron is tired of sending his steak back and that is his way of getting them to cook it well done.

6. acdc363 - Feb 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Hahaha dave chappelle is so awesome

7. rob0527 - Feb 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Bron cut your own steak, well done in a good steak house didn’t he learn anything from Chris Webber.

8. 1972wasalongtimeago - Feb 21, 2012 at 3:05 PM

A few ridiculous PBT LeBron stories ago, I joked that an article detailing LeBron’s latest bowel movement is most likely on it’s way. I thought I was joking. Maybe not.

• goforthanddie - Feb 21, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Depends how much roughage he had with his ruined steak. Should be any minute now, as full of sh!t as he is.

9. chiadam - Feb 21, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Other than being too in love with himself to cut his own food, LeBron also eats the first 3/4 of the steak and then asks Wade to finish it off for him.

10. chiadam - Feb 21, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Oh, and apple martinis? But I must confess that I do sometimes buy those. Then I **** the girl I bought them for.

11. 00maltliquor - Feb 21, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Jeez Kurt, do you know how LeBron likes his ass wiped too? 2-ply or Wet Ones? IDK what’s worse, the apple martini or having to have his steak pre-cut for him like a 5 y/o! LMAO

• progress2011 - Feb 24, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Maltliquor….good material.

The stoopid LBJ hating crew,that blog every LBJ article because he left the horrible, despicable, slum, known as Cleveland, always help writers on this website make their numbers.

• 00maltliquor - Feb 24, 2012 at 4:52 AM

I don’t hate LeBron in the least bit. For the record, I loved the “Decision” and him leaving CLE and the scum known as Dan Gilbert. I wanted him to join forces with Wade and Bosh and I’m not even a Heat fan, I just enjoy a great brand of bball put on the court with phenominal players. This is just one of the most irrelivent articles I have read on here. It’s one thing to report on if a player favors his right over his left and so on and so forth, but his dining habits is a bit much.

12. Dill - Feb 21, 2012 at 8:57 PM

lebron is > jordan deal with it.

13. progress2011 - Feb 24, 2012 at 1:07 AM

U’mmmmm…Cannibal people that like raw meat….ever heard of ‘ Mad Cow Disease ” and all the other diseases farm animals go to the slaughter house with.

Sure they pump them with enough antibiotics that will actually kill the cow. But that does’t mean you should trust the chef to cook it at the perfect temperature, for the perfect amount of time, to rid the beast of all the remaining bacteria, germs and diseases !

I mean, if you think about it, what separates you from Neanderthal man, that ate meat raw, before they discovered fire.

Hmmmmmmmmm…..I answered my own question ! Most of humanity are direct descendants of the barbaric Neanderthals, so I guess you are just honoring your ancestors, by being cannibalistic.

I guess LBJ and the rest of us, Non Neanderthal descendants, know we have discovered fire….so we cook the friggin meat until everything in it, is ready to ingest.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches