Feb 21, 2012, 11:23 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
When he dines out at a fine steak house, LeBron James apparently likes apple martinis, his steak well done and he wants it cut up for him. Not my drink of choice but I can live with the apple martini. Getting your steak cut up for you is a little juvenile, but fine. However, the wannabe foodie in me must complain — to have a good piece of steak cooked until it is well done is a crime against nature and the animal that gave its life for your meal. Medium at most. I’m medium rare to rare myself. Also, tip a lot. That’s how these people make a living. (Via Ball Don’t Lie)
Stephen Jackson got a DNP-CD from Bucks coach Scott Skiles Monday against the Magic. That situation is deteriorating fast.
Wilson Chandler hopes to have a deal with the Nuggets in the next week or so.
Dave Chappelle swung by the Warriors locker room and hung out.
Ty Lawson sprained his left ankle again Monday night. We don’t know the severity yet, but don’t expect to see him for a couple games.
Minnesota’s suddenly hot big man Nikola Pekovic also rolled his ankle but said after the game it was “not bad.”
The Warriors picked up a good win Monday night, and Mark Jackson doesn’t want to go there, but if they fall too far out of the playoff picture look for the Warriors to start force-feeding the young players (Klay Thompson fantasy owners rejoice).
Quentin Richardson suffered a quad injury Monday night and did not return to the game. That’s not a huge blow to Orlando, however.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61