Feb 21, 2012, 8:59 AM EDT
James Anderson is not getting a lot of run from Gregg Popovich in San Antonio right now, he has pretty much slipped to the back of the rotation. Monday night he played 7:35 and had five points for the Spurs.
Sources say James Anderson’s agent this month encouraged Spurs to trade his client. Nothing offered would have been better than JA Monday.
Anderson, a second year player out of Oklahoma State, is averaging 4 points per game this year in his limited minutes. With the Spurs on an 11 game win streak, don’t expect Popovich to be making a lot of rotation changes.
Not a major deal, but if he wants out the Spurs likely will try to accommodate that. However, as these are the Spurs it has to be a deal they like, so it may not be fast.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 38
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20