Feb 21, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
One way or another, look for the Hawks to make a move before the trade deadline.
Marvin Williams is frustrated and wants a bigger role, either in Atlanta or elsewhere, reports Chris Broussard at ESPN. The Hawks have some other assets they could move from a crowded backcourt that other teams could covet.
Here is what Broussard wrote:
The feeling among some in Atlanta is that the Hawks’ rotation was thrown out of whack by the return of Kirk Hinrich. The Hawks started the season 13-5 but have gone just 6-8 since Hinrich returned from shoulder surgery. Though he’s struggled this season, one would think Hinrich could help a club if made available.
Frustration abounds in Atlanta right now, and sources say Marvin Williams wants out because he wants to play somewhere where he’ll have an increased role offensively. Williams is averaging just 9.6 points per game, his lowest since his rookie season.
Williams is also getting the fewest shots per game since his rookie year.
Look for the Hawks to move someone, either Williams or someone who can free up room to give him more minutes. There are teams that need guard help out there.
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 14
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13