Feb 21, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
One way or another, look for the Hawks to make a move before the trade deadline.
Marvin Williams is frustrated and wants a bigger role, either in Atlanta or elsewhere, reports Chris Broussard at ESPN. The Hawks have some other assets they could move from a crowded backcourt that other teams could covet.
Here is what Broussard wrote:
The feeling among some in Atlanta is that the Hawks’ rotation was thrown out of whack by the return of Kirk Hinrich. The Hawks started the season 13-5 but have gone just 6-8 since Hinrich returned from shoulder surgery. Though he’s struggled this season, one would think Hinrich could help a club if made available.
Frustration abounds in Atlanta right now, and sources say Marvin Williams wants out because he wants to play somewhere where he’ll have an increased role offensively. Williams is averaging just 9.6 points per game, his lowest since his rookie season.
Williams is also getting the fewest shots per game since his rookie year.
Look for the Hawks to move someone, either Williams or someone who can free up room to give him more minutes. There are teams that need guard help out there.
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20