Feb 21, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
One way or another, look for the Hawks to make a move before the trade deadline.
Marvin Williams is frustrated and wants a bigger role, either in Atlanta or elsewhere, reports Chris Broussard at ESPN. The Hawks have some other assets they could move from a crowded backcourt that other teams could covet.
Here is what Broussard wrote:
The feeling among some in Atlanta is that the Hawks’ rotation was thrown out of whack by the return of Kirk Hinrich. The Hawks started the season 13-5 but have gone just 6-8 since Hinrich returned from shoulder surgery. Though he’s struggled this season, one would think Hinrich could help a club if made available.
Frustration abounds in Atlanta right now, and sources say Marvin Williams wants out because he wants to play somewhere where he’ll have an increased role offensively. Williams is averaging just 9.6 points per game, his lowest since his rookie season.
Williams is also getting the fewest shots per game since his rookie year.
Look for the Hawks to move someone, either Williams or someone who can free up room to give him more minutes. There are teams that need guard help out there.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10