Feb 21, 2012, 4:12 PM EST
That photo to the right (the larger version is below) was tweeted out by Nike on Tuesday. Nike has all kinds of interconnections with USA basketball and they are the people who design and make what Team USA will wear in London this summer for the Olympics. What you see is it, modeled by Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Deron Williams and Kevin Durant.
Pretty sweet. And, pretty green according to Nike —it is made of approximately 96 percent recycled polyester. I had no idea you could recycle polyester. But now we can feel secure that your dad’s horrid 70s suits are being put to good use.
These are not available for purchase anywhere yet, and Nike didn’t even name a price. Not that the price matters, you’re going to buy one anyway.
Now we just need to see the official Spanish team jersey and we’ll know what the gold medal game will look like.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City canceled 5
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)