Feb 21, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
That photo to the right (the larger version is below) was tweeted out by Nike on Tuesday. Nike has all kinds of interconnections with USA basketball and they are the people who design and make what Team USA will wear in London this summer for the Olympics. What you see is it, modeled by Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Deron Williams and Kevin Durant.
Pretty sweet. And, pretty green according to Nike —it is made of approximately 96 percent recycled polyester. I had no idea you could recycle polyester. But now we can feel secure that your dad’s horrid 70s suits are being put to good use.
These are not available for purchase anywhere yet, and Nike didn’t even name a price. Not that the price matters, you’re going to buy one anyway.
Now we just need to see the official Spanish team jersey and we’ll know what the gold medal game will look like.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29