Feb 21, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
That photo to the right (the larger version is below) was tweeted out by Nike on Tuesday. Nike has all kinds of interconnections with USA basketball and they are the people who design and make what Team USA will wear in London this summer for the Olympics. What you see is it, modeled by Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Deron Williams and Kevin Durant.
Pretty sweet. And, pretty green according to Nike —it is made of approximately 96 percent recycled polyester. I had no idea you could recycle polyester. But now we can feel secure that your dad’s horrid 70s suits are being put to good use.
These are not available for purchase anywhere yet, and Nike didn’t even name a price. Not that the price matters, you’re going to buy one anyway.
Now we just need to see the official Spanish team jersey and we’ll know what the gold medal game will look like.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 75
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 22
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13