Feb 21, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
That photo to the right (the larger version is below) was tweeted out by Nike on Tuesday. Nike has all kinds of interconnections with USA basketball and they are the people who design and make what Team USA will wear in London this summer for the Olympics. What you see is it, modeled by Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Deron Williams and Kevin Durant.
Pretty sweet. And, pretty green according to Nike —it is made of approximately 96 percent recycled polyester. I had no idea you could recycle polyester. But now we can feel secure that your dad’s horrid 70s suits are being put to good use.
These are not available for purchase anywhere yet, and Nike didn’t even name a price. Not that the price matters, you’re going to buy one anyway.
Now we just need to see the official Spanish team jersey and we’ll know what the gold medal game will look like.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15