Feb 21, 2012, 4:12 PM EST
That photo to the right (the larger version is below) was tweeted out by Nike on Tuesday. Nike has all kinds of interconnections with USA basketball and they are the people who design and make what Team USA will wear in London this summer for the Olympics. What you see is it, modeled by Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Deron Williams and Kevin Durant.
Pretty sweet. And, pretty green according to Nike —it is made of approximately 96 percent recycled polyester. I had no idea you could recycle polyester. But now we can feel secure that your dad’s horrid 70s suits are being put to good use.
These are not available for purchase anywhere yet, and Nike didn’t even name a price. Not that the price matters, you’re going to buy one anyway.
Now we just need to see the official Spanish team jersey and we’ll know what the gold medal game will look like.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8