First look at Team USA Olympic basketball uniforms

Feb 21, 2012, 4:12 PM EST

USA Basketball uniforms

That photo to the right (the larger version is below) was tweeted out by Nike on Tuesday. Nike has all kinds of interconnections with USA basketball and they are the people who design and make what Team USA will wear in London this summer for the Olympics. What you see is it, modeled by Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Deron Williams and Kevin Durant.

Pretty sweet. And, pretty green according to Nike —it is made of approximately 96 percent recycled polyester. I had no idea you could recycle polyester. But now we can feel secure that your dad’s horrid 70s suits are being put to good use.

These are not available for purchase anywhere yet, and Nike didn’t even name a price. Not that the price matters, you’re going to buy one anyway.

Now we just need to see the official Spanish team jersey and we’ll know what the gold medal game will look like.

source:

1. rj88888 - Feb 21, 2012 at 4:17 PM

That looks great, like 125 pts a game.

2. tomshoe - Feb 21, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Meh.

• griffnjnc - Feb 22, 2012 at 1:28 AM

My thoughts exactly

3. jedicurt - Feb 21, 2012 at 4:42 PM

i liked the ones for the FIBA tournament a few years ago much better

4. jesse1834 - Feb 21, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Blah nothing special.

5. edmazeing1 - Feb 21, 2012 at 5:33 PM

How come LBJ gets his jersey #?

6. jrob1030 - Feb 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Because that’s what # he wore in 2008 dummy

• edmazeing1 - Feb 21, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I dont keep up with James like that homo!!!

7. rob0527 - Feb 21, 2012 at 6:37 PM

What’s the big deal. Nothing special, I will save my money.

8. adnan604 - Feb 21, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I’m telling yall right now these jerseys are gonna be horrible when it comes to actual performance. I red complaints from some professional soccer teams that Nike sponsors, that Nike’s new line up of “green” recycled equipment and jerseys is absolutely horrible…. it basically holds water weighing you down, your sweat does not evaporate off the material like normal dry fit, instead it just stays in the shirt which makes the shirt stick to your skin basically like a wet t shirt would….

I have one of their newer live strong dri fit shirts and I can attest to this personally, the thing is made 70% of recycled waterbottles and I only wore the damn thing once, i absolutely hate it… after 2 hours of basketball, it literally felt like it’s been dipped in a bucket of water and none of the water has evaporated nor left the shirt…. also from the weight of the shirt and the way it was stickin to my body it almost made my nipples bleed from the chafing, I’ve never in my 10+ years of wearing nike dry fit apparel ever had that issue not once!
    I still have a few dri fit shirts and shorts from way before all this bs green nonsense, and they work great !

I can easily believe a big greedy corporation schemin like this, they basically are making shirts for even cheaper now because they’re reusing materials, and yet they’re charging even more for them because they’re “green”

9. acdc363 - Feb 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM

if kobe wears his old number we could be like 8-6-7-5 THREE OH NINE!

10. tomtravis76 - Feb 22, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Find it interesting that Deron Williams was selected as a poster boy. I assume it is because of his Nike affiliation, I had a feeling he was going to be the odd man out on the London team,maybe not.

While Chandler has been a great fit on the USA teams because of his defense, kinda surprised Bynum is getting more of a look, guess he will be one of the centers next time around.

Going to be a good summer for the Heat guys – NBA title and Olympic gold.

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches