Feb 21, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Derrick Favors of the Utah Jazz has been added to the Rising Stars Challenge, according to an official release. Favors will play for Team Chuck (Charles Barkley’s squad) in place of Tiago Splitter, who will be forced to sit out of All-Star weekend’s Friday night exhibition featuring selected stars from the Rookie and Sophomore classes.
Splitter suffered a calf strain on Saturday during the Spurs win over the Clippers, and is expected to be out two weeks.
Favors is averaging 8.1 points and 5 rebounds per game this season, and has a style of play that should fare well in an open-court exhibition like this one — just as long as he remembers not to take things too seriously.
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 19
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 3
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 18
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16