Feb 21, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Derrick Favors of the Utah Jazz has been added to the Rising Stars Challenge, according to an official release. Favors will play for Team Chuck (Charles Barkley’s squad) in place of Tiago Splitter, who will be forced to sit out of All-Star weekend’s Friday night exhibition featuring selected stars from the Rookie and Sophomore classes.
Splitter suffered a calf strain on Saturday during the Spurs win over the Clippers, and is expected to be out two weeks.
Favors is averaging 8.1 points and 5 rebounds per game this season, and has a style of play that should fare well in an open-court exhibition like this one — just as long as he remembers not to take things too seriously.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 29
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 61
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 32
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 75