Feb 21, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Derrick Favors of the Utah Jazz has been added to the Rising Stars Challenge, according to an official release. Favors will play for Team Chuck (Charles Barkley’s squad) in place of Tiago Splitter, who will be forced to sit out of All-Star weekend’s Friday night exhibition featuring selected stars from the Rookie and Sophomore classes.
Splitter suffered a calf strain on Saturday during the Spurs win over the Clippers, and is expected to be out two weeks.
Favors is averaging 8.1 points and 5 rebounds per game this season, and has a style of play that should fare well in an open-court exhibition like this one — just as long as he remembers not to take things too seriously.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 2
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 17
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7