Feb 21, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
Derrick Favors of the Utah Jazz has been added to the Rising Stars Challenge, according to an official release. Favors will play for Team Chuck (Charles Barkley’s squad) in place of Tiago Splitter, who will be forced to sit out of All-Star weekend’s Friday night exhibition featuring selected stars from the Rookie and Sophomore classes.
Splitter suffered a calf strain on Saturday during the Spurs win over the Clippers, and is expected to be out two weeks.
Favors is averaging 8.1 points and 5 rebounds per game this season, and has a style of play that should fare well in an open-court exhibition like this one — just as long as he remembers not to take things too seriously.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19