Feb 20, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
The Taco Bell Skills Challenge can get overlooked during the All-Star Saturday festivities (especially when guys are dunking over a car), watching guys go through drills is not the most exciting part of the weekend. But this year’s lineup might at least get you stop and watch.
That a rock star lineup of point guards. And stop complaining, you didn’t really expect Jeremy Lin to do this, too, did you?
The event has guys dribbling through cones, making passes to targets and other steps to test their ball handling and point guard skills. You’ll be able to watch it on TNT, which will broadcast all of the Saturday night events.
My early money is on Wall, who when it comes to raw speed and skills is impressive. Westbrook is right there with him. Curry has won this last year and Williams is also a past winner, so if you’re betting on the guys with the track record, they are your men.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 11
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7