Feb 20, 2012, 2:31 PM EST
The Taco Bell Skills Challenge can get overlooked during the All-Star Saturday festivities (especially when guys are dunking over a car), watching guys go through drills is not the most exciting part of the weekend. But this year’s lineup might at least get you stop and watch.
That a rock star lineup of point guards. And stop complaining, you didn’t really expect Jeremy Lin to do this, too, did you?
The event has guys dribbling through cones, making passes to targets and other steps to test their ball handling and point guard skills. You’ll be able to watch it on TNT, which will broadcast all of the Saturday night events.
My early money is on Wall, who when it comes to raw speed and skills is impressive. Westbrook is right there with him. Curry has won this last year and Williams is also a past winner, so if you’re betting on the guys with the track record, they are your men.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)