Feb 20, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
The Taco Bell Skills Challenge can get overlooked during the All-Star Saturday festivities (especially when guys are dunking over a car), watching guys go through drills is not the most exciting part of the weekend. But this year’s lineup might at least get you stop and watch.
That a rock star lineup of point guards. And stop complaining, you didn’t really expect Jeremy Lin to do this, too, did you?
The event has guys dribbling through cones, making passes to targets and other steps to test their ball handling and point guard skills. You’ll be able to watch it on TNT, which will broadcast all of the Saturday night events.
My early money is on Wall, who when it comes to raw speed and skills is impressive. Westbrook is right there with him. Curry has won this last year and Williams is also a past winner, so if you’re betting on the guys with the track record, they are your men.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 8
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 32
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 25
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12