Feb 20, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
The Taco Bell Skills Challenge can get overlooked during the All-Star Saturday festivities (especially when guys are dunking over a car), watching guys go through drills is not the most exciting part of the weekend. But this year’s lineup might at least get you stop and watch.
That a rock star lineup of point guards. And stop complaining, you didn’t really expect Jeremy Lin to do this, too, did you?
The event has guys dribbling through cones, making passes to targets and other steps to test their ball handling and point guard skills. You’ll be able to watch it on TNT, which will broadcast all of the Saturday night events.
My early money is on Wall, who when it comes to raw speed and skills is impressive. Westbrook is right there with him. Curry has won this last year and Williams is also a past winner, so if you’re betting on the guys with the track record, they are your men.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3