Feb 20, 2012, 12:07 PM EST
Apparently you have to be a former President of the United States and friend of the owner to get courtside seats to a Miami Heat game. Or, at least it helps.
Former president Bill Clinton was courtside for the Heat’s demolition of the Magic on Sunday (a guest of Heat owner Micky Arison) and was given an honorary Heat jersey (number 42). As you can see in the video above, he got a lot of love from the crowd. Even the referees and players were trying to sneak over to say hello.
Except Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, who was so focused he didn’t know Clinton was in the building.
What strikes me: He looks thin and pretty fit. Honestly, all the former presidents look better and healthier a few years after they get out of office than their last couple in it. The enormous pressure of that job just wears people down. Even more than coaching the Knicks.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30