Feb 20, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
Apparently you have to be a former President of the United States and friend of the owner to get courtside seats to a Miami Heat game. Or, at least it helps.
Former president Bill Clinton was courtside for the Heat’s demolition of the Magic on Sunday (a guest of Heat owner Micky Arison) and was given an honorary Heat jersey (number 42). As you can see in the video above, he got a lot of love from the crowd. Even the referees and players were trying to sneak over to say hello.
Except Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, who was so focused he didn’t know Clinton was in the building.
What strikes me: He looks thin and pretty fit. Honestly, all the former presidents look better and healthier a few years after they get out of office than their last couple in it. The enormous pressure of that job just wears people down. Even more than coaching the Knicks.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18