Feb 20, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
Apparently you have to be a former President of the United States and friend of the owner to get courtside seats to a Miami Heat game. Or, at least it helps.
Former president Bill Clinton was courtside for the Heat’s demolition of the Magic on Sunday (a guest of Heat owner Micky Arison) and was given an honorary Heat jersey (number 42). As you can see in the video above, he got a lot of love from the crowd. Even the referees and players were trying to sneak over to say hello.
Except Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, who was so focused he didn’t know Clinton was in the building.
What strikes me: He looks thin and pretty fit. Honestly, all the former presidents look better and healthier a few years after they get out of office than their last couple in it. The enormous pressure of that job just wears people down. Even more than coaching the Knicks.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2