Feb 20, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
Apparently you have to be a former President of the United States and friend of the owner to get courtside seats to a Miami Heat game. Or, at least it helps.
Former president Bill Clinton was courtside for the Heat’s demolition of the Magic on Sunday (a guest of Heat owner Micky Arison) and was given an honorary Heat jersey (number 42). As you can see in the video above, he got a lot of love from the crowd. Even the referees and players were trying to sneak over to say hello.
Except Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, who was so focused he didn’t know Clinton was in the building.
What strikes me: He looks thin and pretty fit. Honestly, all the former presidents look better and healthier a few years after they get out of office than their last couple in it. The enormous pressure of that job just wears people down. Even more than coaching the Knicks.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 0
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 3
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 27
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32