Feb 20, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT
Apparently you have to be a former President of the United States and friend of the owner to get courtside seats to a Miami Heat game. Or, at least it helps.
Former president Bill Clinton was courtside for the Heat’s demolition of the Magic on Sunday (a guest of Heat owner Micky Arison) and was given an honorary Heat jersey (number 42). As you can see in the video above, he got a lot of love from the crowd. Even the referees and players were trying to sneak over to say hello.
Except Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, who was so focused he didn’t know Clinton was in the building.
What strikes me: He looks thin and pretty fit. Honestly, all the former presidents look better and healthier a few years after they get out of office than their last couple in it. The enormous pressure of that job just wears people down. Even more than coaching the Knicks.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 14
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50