Feb 20, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
His Chinese team may be in the playoffs but as we told you might be happening, Wilson Chandler has left that team and is back in the United States.
Just got word that Wilson Chandler will be in Denver tomorrow to meet with the team about a possible signing.
Chandler is a restricted free agent — while he can get offers from other NBA teams the Nuggets have the right to match. And almost certainly will. Plus, Chandler fits what the Nuggets do and they could use the scoring (especially with Danilo Gallinari out). Chandler came to the Nuggets in the Carmelo Anthony deal and gave them 12.5 points and 5 rebounds a game last season.
Chandler can expect to see his salary at least doubled from the $2.1 million he made last year. There are negotiations about that amount and the number of years, but with this season ticking away expect some kind of deal to be reached quickly.
Chandler signed in China and played a full season there. While his team made the playoffs (and is facing Stephon Marbury’s team in the first round), he was given the right to leave by management and he did.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 32
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 44
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42