Feb 20, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
His Chinese team may be in the playoffs but as we told you might be happening, Wilson Chandler has left that team and is back in the United States.
Just got word that Wilson Chandler will be in Denver tomorrow to meet with the team about a possible signing.
Chandler is a restricted free agent — while he can get offers from other NBA teams the Nuggets have the right to match. And almost certainly will. Plus, Chandler fits what the Nuggets do and they could use the scoring (especially with Danilo Gallinari out). Chandler came to the Nuggets in the Carmelo Anthony deal and gave them 12.5 points and 5 rebounds a game last season.
Chandler can expect to see his salary at least doubled from the $2.1 million he made last year. There are negotiations about that amount and the number of years, but with this season ticking away expect some kind of deal to be reached quickly.
Chandler signed in China and played a full season there. While his team made the playoffs (and is facing Stephon Marbury’s team in the first round), he was given the right to leave by management and he did.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85