Feb 20, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
His Chinese team may be in the playoffs but as we told you might be happening, Wilson Chandler has left that team and is back in the United States.
Just got word that Wilson Chandler will be in Denver tomorrow to meet with the team about a possible signing.
Chandler is a restricted free agent — while he can get offers from other NBA teams the Nuggets have the right to match. And almost certainly will. Plus, Chandler fits what the Nuggets do and they could use the scoring (especially with Danilo Gallinari out). Chandler came to the Nuggets in the Carmelo Anthony deal and gave them 12.5 points and 5 rebounds a game last season.
Chandler can expect to see his salary at least doubled from the $2.1 million he made last year. There are negotiations about that amount and the number of years, but with this season ticking away expect some kind of deal to be reached quickly.
Chandler signed in China and played a full season there. While his team made the playoffs (and is facing Stephon Marbury’s team in the first round), he was given the right to leave by management and he did.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 17
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6