Feb 20, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
His Chinese team may be in the playoffs but as we told you might be happening, Wilson Chandler has left that team and is back in the United States.
Just got word that Wilson Chandler will be in Denver tomorrow to meet with the team about a possible signing.
Chandler is a restricted free agent — while he can get offers from other NBA teams the Nuggets have the right to match. And almost certainly will. Plus, Chandler fits what the Nuggets do and they could use the scoring (especially with Danilo Gallinari out). Chandler came to the Nuggets in the Carmelo Anthony deal and gave them 12.5 points and 5 rebounds a game last season.
Chandler can expect to see his salary at least doubled from the $2.1 million he made last year. There are negotiations about that amount and the number of years, but with this season ticking away expect some kind of deal to be reached quickly.
Chandler signed in China and played a full season there. While his team made the playoffs (and is facing Stephon Marbury’s team in the first round), he was given the right to leave by management and he did.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 32
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 47
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 16
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11