Feb 20, 2012, 5:43 PM EST
There are things you can’t do, no matter how frustrated you get with the referees. Throwing the ball at them is one of them.
Boston’s Rajon Rondo has been suspended two games by the league for throwing the ball at an official, it was announced Monday. He is out Monday night against the Mavericks and Wednesday night against the Thunder. Two games that are on the road and already were going to be tough for the Celtics.
The incident occurred with three minutes left in the third, Rondo drives the lane and Greg Monroe essentially lands on top of him, but no foul is called. Rondo gives the official an earful but gets in trouble when he throws the ball at him.
For those saying it didn’t look like much, watch the angle at 3:00 in the video below. His intent appears clear.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 3
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 3
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9