Feb 20, 2012, 5:43 PM EDT
There are things you can’t do, no matter how frustrated you get with the referees. Throwing the ball at them is one of them.
Boston’s Rajon Rondo has been suspended two games by the league for throwing the ball at an official, it was announced Monday. He is out Monday night against the Mavericks and Wednesday night against the Thunder. Two games that are on the road and already were going to be tough for the Celtics.
The incident occurred with three minutes left in the third, Rondo drives the lane and Greg Monroe essentially lands on top of him, but no foul is called. Rondo gives the official an earful but gets in trouble when he throws the ball at him.
For those saying it didn’t look like much, watch the angle at 3:00 in the video below. His intent appears clear.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10