Feb 20, 2012, 5:43 PM EDT
There are things you can’t do, no matter how frustrated you get with the referees. Throwing the ball at them is one of them.
Boston’s Rajon Rondo has been suspended two games by the league for throwing the ball at an official, it was announced Monday. He is out Monday night against the Mavericks and Wednesday night against the Thunder. Two games that are on the road and already were going to be tough for the Celtics.
The incident occurred with three minutes left in the third, Rondo drives the lane and Greg Monroe essentially lands on top of him, but no foul is called. Rondo gives the official an earful but gets in trouble when he throws the ball at him.
For those saying it didn’t look like much, watch the angle at 3:00 in the video below. His intent appears clear.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3