Feb 20, 2012, 5:43 PM EDT
There are things you can’t do, no matter how frustrated you get with the referees. Throwing the ball at them is one of them.
Boston’s Rajon Rondo has been suspended two games by the league for throwing the ball at an official, it was announced Monday. He is out Monday night against the Mavericks and Wednesday night against the Thunder. Two games that are on the road and already were going to be tough for the Celtics.
The incident occurred with three minutes left in the third, Rondo drives the lane and Greg Monroe essentially lands on top of him, but no foul is called. Rondo gives the official an earful but gets in trouble when he throws the ball at him.
For those saying it didn’t look like much, watch the angle at 3:00 in the video below. His intent appears clear.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 19
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 72
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13