Feb 20, 2012, 5:43 PM EDT
There are things you can’t do, no matter how frustrated you get with the referees. Throwing the ball at them is one of them.
Boston’s Rajon Rondo has been suspended two games by the league for throwing the ball at an official, it was announced Monday. He is out Monday night against the Mavericks and Wednesday night against the Thunder. Two games that are on the road and already were going to be tough for the Celtics.
The incident occurred with three minutes left in the third, Rondo drives the lane and Greg Monroe essentially lands on top of him, but no foul is called. Rondo gives the official an earful but gets in trouble when he throws the ball at him.
For those saying it didn’t look like much, watch the angle at 3:00 in the video below. His intent appears clear.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 0
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 28
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16