Feb 20, 2012, 8:06 AM EDT
You can bet that a suspension is coming for that one.
Rajon Rondo was frustrated in the third quarter Sunday because he had driven the lane and taken as shot, Detroit’s Greg Monroe pretty much jumped on his back (knocking Rondo to the floor) and no call was made. He has the right to be frustrated.
But you can’t fire the ball at the official out of anger (in the video above, you have to get to the 3:00 mark before they show the angle that really explains what happened). Rondo did. As they walked up court Rondo yelled at the referee about the no call then underhand fires the ball at the ref. That almost certainly will mean a game off for Rondo. Without pay.
This was Rondo’s first ever ejection and he’s not as big a complainer as some, so maybe the league is lenient on him, the Celtics are taking a wait-and-see attitude.
Boston hosts Dallas Monday, that would be a tough game not to have Rondo for. Watch PBT for updates.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 23
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29