Feb 20, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Anthony Morrow is going to wear a Drazen Petrovic Nets throwback jersey during the All-Star Three Point Contest next weekend in Orlando. Petrovic was a legendary player and the last Net in the three point contest. He was killed in a car accident at age 28. That is an incredibly cool idea.
Mark Cuban on the Nets moving to Brooklyn: “’I hope the stadium works, I hope they do a great job and I hope the team sucks.”
Allen Iverson has gotten a contract offer — from an indoor soccer team.
J.R. Smith wants to take advantage of his “clean slate” in New York to rebuild his image.
Nets guard Jordan Farmar will be out likely through the All-Star break with a groin injury.
Hit comedy “The Big Bang Theory” had its nerd characters try their hands at basketball last episode.
The Knicks had to waive Ronaldo Balkman to make room for J.R. Smith, the Nets might pick him up.
Cleveland did not give Ben Uzoh a second 10-day contract.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 7
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 7
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 19