Feb 20, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Anthony Morrow is going to wear a Drazen Petrovic Nets throwback jersey during the All-Star Three Point Contest next weekend in Orlando. Petrovic was a legendary player and the last Net in the three point contest. He was killed in a car accident at age 28. That is an incredibly cool idea.
Mark Cuban on the Nets moving to Brooklyn: “’I hope the stadium works, I hope they do a great job and I hope the team sucks.”
Allen Iverson has gotten a contract offer — from an indoor soccer team.
J.R. Smith wants to take advantage of his “clean slate” in New York to rebuild his image.
Nets guard Jordan Farmar will be out likely through the All-Star break with a groin injury.
Hit comedy “The Big Bang Theory” had its nerd characters try their hands at basketball last episode.
The Knicks had to waive Ronaldo Balkman to make room for J.R. Smith, the Nets might pick him up.
Cleveland did not give Ben Uzoh a second 10-day contract.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22