Feb 20, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
Linsanity has reached Taiwan, where Lin’s grandmother and other family live.
And he wants everyone to back off them.
He told the Associated Press his relatives are being “bombarded” right now.
“I just want people to respect the privacy of my relatives in Taiwan and I think hopefully this will get back to everybody because they need to live their lives as well.”
Lin’s grandmother and other relatives still live in Taiwan — and watch his games. His parents moved to the United States in the 1970s, settling in the Bay Area of California.
His request seems fair. Probably not going to happen, but it’s fair.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 9
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31