Feb 20, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
Linsanity has reached Taiwan, where Lin’s grandmother and other family live.
And he wants everyone to back off them.
He told the Associated Press his relatives are being “bombarded” right now.
“I just want people to respect the privacy of my relatives in Taiwan and I think hopefully this will get back to everybody because they need to live their lives as well.”
Lin’s grandmother and other relatives still live in Taiwan — and watch his games. His parents moved to the United States in the 1970s, settling in the Bay Area of California.
His request seems fair. Probably not going to happen, but it’s fair.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 17
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 23
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 20
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27