Feb 20, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
Linsanity has reached Taiwan, where Lin’s grandmother and other family live.
And he wants everyone to back off them.
He told the Associated Press his relatives are being “bombarded” right now.
“I just want people to respect the privacy of my relatives in Taiwan and I think hopefully this will get back to everybody because they need to live their lives as well.”
Lin’s grandmother and other relatives still live in Taiwan — and watch his games. His parents moved to the United States in the 1970s, settling in the Bay Area of California.
His request seems fair. Probably not going to happen, but it’s fair.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 0
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10