Feb 20, 2012, 11:48 AM EDT
Linsanity has reached Taiwan, where Lin’s grandmother and other family live.
And he wants everyone to back off them.
He told the Associated Press his relatives are being “bombarded” right now.
“I just want people to respect the privacy of my relatives in Taiwan and I think hopefully this will get back to everybody because they need to live their lives as well.”
Lin’s grandmother and other relatives still live in Taiwan — and watch his games. His parents moved to the United States in the 1970s, settling in the Bay Area of California.
His request seems fair. Probably not going to happen, but it’s fair.
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 2
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 9
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 15
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35