Feb 20, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Stephen Jackson is living in his own little world right now.
Jackson and old-school coach Scott Skiles have not meshed, nor has Jackson in the Bucks system. The result has been reduced minutes — eight on Sunday — and lots of Stephen Jackson trade speculation.
Jackson basically said on Sunday his ideal situation in his world would be to land with the Nets going into Brooklyn — with Dwight Howard. Also, the sky is a lovely shade of green in his world. But here is what he told the New York Daily News.
“(Howard and Williams) is a championship contending team right there,” Jackson said after playing just eight minutes in Milwaukee’s 92-85 victory over the Nets Sunday night at the Rock in Newark. “Of course I’d want to play on that team….
“I was just joking with the (Nets) ball boys before the game about having my jersey,” said Jackson, who has also said he’d love a trade to Orlando.
By the way, Deron Williams is good with bringing in S Jax.
“We needed somebody with toughness, being able to guard multiple positions. It didn’t work out (in Utah),” Williams said. “I like his game. He’s very versatile. He’s the type of guy that’s 6-8, and he’s guarding the point guard. He has a lot of toughness. I know a lot of people that knows him. I’m good friends with Baron Davis, who says (Jackson) was a great teammate. So he was just one of the guys I always wanted to play with.”
Now the reality — Stephen Jackson will make $10 million next year and that is why the Nets and Magic don’t want him. The Nets have carefully guarded their cap space to go after difference-making stars and Jackson (at age 34 last year) is not that guy. He scores a lot but he always has shot a lot to get that — he’s not efficient. The years he scored 20 points a game in Golden State he shot 40.5 percent and 41.7 percent.
Now, if the Bucks were to use their amnesty clause on him, the Nets would have interest. So would a few teams. But at $10 million next year Jackson has little control over where he lands.
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 0
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 16
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18