Feb 20, 2012, 7:36 PM EDT
Harden has been having a career season, and has been making a strong case for the 6th Man of the Year Award. The #3 overall pick in 2009 has been averaging 16.8 points and 4.1 assists per game in 31.6 minutes per game this season, and his PER is a career-high 21.13. Collison has been a valuable defender off the bench for the Thunder, and has averaged 4.5 points and 4.1 rebounds in 20.5 minutes per game this season.
The Thunder should still be able to handle the Hornets without Harden and Collison available off the bench, but will need them back as soon as possible, as they are set to play the Celtics, the Lakers, the 76ers, and the Magic directly after they face the struggling Hornets.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 8
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 5
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10