Feb 20, 2012, 7:44 PM EST
San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili is expected to miss two weeks with a strained left oblique…Forward Tiago Splitter also is expected to miss two weeks with a strained right calf, but he traveled with the team to Salt Lake City and will continue his rehab during the road trip.
Ginobili has been playing great basketball when healthy this season, but has only appeared in 9 regular-season games so far because of injuries. Splitter has blossomed this season, averaging 9.4 points on 62% shooting in 20.7 minutes per game. The Spurs have been surging, and are currently on a 10-game winning streak, but these injuries will make it tough for them to sustain their incredibly high level of play.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 0
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 4
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)