Feb 20, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili is expected to miss two weeks with a strained left oblique…Forward Tiago Splitter also is expected to miss two weeks with a strained right calf, but he traveled with the team to Salt Lake City and will continue his rehab during the road trip.
Ginobili has been playing great basketball when healthy this season, but has only appeared in 9 regular-season games so far because of injuries. Splitter has blossomed this season, averaging 9.4 points on 62% shooting in 20.7 minutes per game. The Spurs have been surging, and are currently on a 10-game winning streak, but these injuries will make it tough for them to sustain their incredibly high level of play.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 13
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 5
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22