Feb 19, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
We’ll have to wait for another day to see the Knicks at full strength. The Knicks announced Sunday morning that Carmelo Anthony is out vs. the Mavericks as he continues to recover from injury. But there is some good news, from the Knicks’ official Twitter:
So we’ll have to keep waiting to see if Melo + Lin is the greatest show on Earth or if they’ll struggle to run the offense between the two. Jeremy Lin, coming off his first loss since being inserted into significant minutes in the rotation, will have to bounce back against a very good Mavericks defense headed by one of the most experienced defenders in the league Jason Kidd.
Smith should be fun to watch, as he’s already in game shape from his play in China, but of course has no idea where he needs to be on the floor. Not that that matters much considering he knew exactly where he was supposed to be in Denver and was only there about 70% of the time. A freelancing J.R. Smith with no clue about the playbook? Sign me up!
Baron Davis is reportedly doubtful to play but he will suit up. Should be a fun matchup. Lin needs to put the team on his back in a very Lakers-game-like performance or the first losing streak in the Lin era could start. But I’m sure Knicks fans will react with patience and understanding, calm, rational crew that they are.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18