Feb 19, 2012, 11:46 AM EST
We’ll have to wait for another day to see the Knicks at full strength. The Knicks announced Sunday morning that Carmelo Anthony is out vs. the Mavericks as he continues to recover from injury. But there is some good news, from the Knicks’ official Twitter:
So we’ll have to keep waiting to see if Melo + Lin is the greatest show on Earth or if they’ll struggle to run the offense between the two. Jeremy Lin, coming off his first loss since being inserted into significant minutes in the rotation, will have to bounce back against a very good Mavericks defense headed by one of the most experienced defenders in the league Jason Kidd.
Smith should be fun to watch, as he’s already in game shape from his play in China, but of course has no idea where he needs to be on the floor. Not that that matters much considering he knew exactly where he was supposed to be in Denver and was only there about 70% of the time. A freelancing J.R. Smith with no clue about the playbook? Sign me up!
Baron Davis is reportedly doubtful to play but he will suit up. Should be a fun matchup. Lin needs to put the team on his back in a very Lakers-game-like performance or the first losing streak in the Lin era could start. But I’m sure Knicks fans will react with patience and understanding, calm, rational crew that they are.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)