Feb 19, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
We’ll have to wait for another day to see the Knicks at full strength. The Knicks announced Sunday morning that Carmelo Anthony is out vs. the Mavericks as he continues to recover from injury. But there is some good news, from the Knicks’ official Twitter:
So we’ll have to keep waiting to see if Melo + Lin is the greatest show on Earth or if they’ll struggle to run the offense between the two. Jeremy Lin, coming off his first loss since being inserted into significant minutes in the rotation, will have to bounce back against a very good Mavericks defense headed by one of the most experienced defenders in the league Jason Kidd.
Smith should be fun to watch, as he’s already in game shape from his play in China, but of course has no idea where he needs to be on the floor. Not that that matters much considering he knew exactly where he was supposed to be in Denver and was only there about 70% of the time. A freelancing J.R. Smith with no clue about the playbook? Sign me up!
Baron Davis is reportedly doubtful to play but he will suit up. Should be a fun matchup. Lin needs to put the team on his back in a very Lakers-game-like performance or the first losing streak in the Lin era could start. But I’m sure Knicks fans will react with patience and understanding, calm, rational crew that they are.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 7
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 39
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73