Feb 19, 2012, 11:46 AM EST
We’ll have to wait for another day to see the Knicks at full strength. The Knicks announced Sunday morning that Carmelo Anthony is out vs. the Mavericks as he continues to recover from injury. But there is some good news, from the Knicks’ official Twitter:
So we’ll have to keep waiting to see if Melo + Lin is the greatest show on Earth or if they’ll struggle to run the offense between the two. Jeremy Lin, coming off his first loss since being inserted into significant minutes in the rotation, will have to bounce back against a very good Mavericks defense headed by one of the most experienced defenders in the league Jason Kidd.
Smith should be fun to watch, as he’s already in game shape from his play in China, but of course has no idea where he needs to be on the floor. Not that that matters much considering he knew exactly where he was supposed to be in Denver and was only there about 70% of the time. A freelancing J.R. Smith with no clue about the playbook? Sign me up!
Baron Davis is reportedly doubtful to play but he will suit up. Should be a fun matchup. Lin needs to put the team on his back in a very Lakers-game-like performance or the first losing streak in the Lin era could start. But I’m sure Knicks fans will react with patience and understanding, calm, rational crew that they are.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 7
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6