Feb 19, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
LeBron James is loathed by many, still. His negative PR is lessening as people begin to move on with their lives, but after last year,it was clear that James had struggled with how to handle his public perception. He took a bad situation, lit it on fire, and then dropped it off a cliff into a pit of manure. And apparently, James realized this because he has reportedly gone out and gotten himself a new handler.
From the News Herald:
James had to know the questions were coming on Thursday when the Miami Heat were practicing at Quicken Loans Arena. He recently hired a new “strategist,” a man who worked on Arnold Schwarzenegger’s gubernatorial campaign, so for all we know, his answers could all have been planned.
Well, Schwarzenegger did get elected, so there’s that.
James’ comments this week about playing in Cleveland again were really the first things h’e said to cause issues for himself this year. He was quiet during the lockout, has played well, hasn’t made any overly confident statements and hasn’t come across as badly. It is interesting that he has his own marketing firm with his friends from high school in LRMR (who put together “the Decision” along with his agent), and now has looked outside. Getting away from that series of decisions is the best thing he can do.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 11
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 4
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 33
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 58
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40