Feb 17, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
When something from your team’s PR department ends up on Deadspin, it’s generally not a good thing. This marketing ploy from the New Jersey Nets caught the eye of Deadspin’s Jack Dickey today (emphasis Deadspin’s):
On February 22, your NETS will face off against Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic. For this one night only the NETS are discounting tickets in the Loud & Proud section to $12! We need YOU there to rock The Rock and give your NETS a true home court advantage!
How to Purchase Tickets:
Tickets are just $12!
Tickets available ONLY at Prudential Center Box Office beginning at 11AM day of game
12 ticket limit
Fans buying tickets must be wearing NETS apparel to show they are loud and proud!
PLUS, the first 2,500 fans to arrive at Prudential Center will receive a free ticket voucher to a future NETS home game.
Not the most subtle move from Prokhorov and Co. Not only are they slashing prices on the night when the one player who could entice Deron Williams to stay and prevent the Nets from going completely to ruins, but by slicing prices to Howard’s jersey number, the team is basically saying “COME AND CHEER FOR DWIGHT HOWARD WE NEED HIM QUITE BADLY.” Well, I guess nothing could be worse than the reversible jersey ploy of 2009, right?
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 0
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 26
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29