Feb 17, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
When something from your team’s PR department ends up on Deadspin, it’s generally not a good thing. This marketing ploy from the New Jersey Nets caught the eye of Deadspin’s Jack Dickey today (emphasis Deadspin’s):
On February 22, your NETS will face off against Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic. For this one night only the NETS are discounting tickets in the Loud & Proud section to $12! We need YOU there to rock The Rock and give your NETS a true home court advantage!
How to Purchase Tickets:
Tickets are just $12!
Tickets available ONLY at Prudential Center Box Office beginning at 11AM day of game
12 ticket limit
Fans buying tickets must be wearing NETS apparel to show they are loud and proud!
PLUS, the first 2,500 fans to arrive at Prudential Center will receive a free ticket voucher to a future NETS home game.
Not the most subtle move from Prokhorov and Co. Not only are they slashing prices on the night when the one player who could entice Deron Williams to stay and prevent the Nets from going completely to ruins, but by slicing prices to Howard’s jersey number, the team is basically saying “COME AND CHEER FOR DWIGHT HOWARD WE NEED HIM QUITE BADLY.” Well, I guess nothing could be worse than the reversible jersey ploy of 2009, right?
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 10
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 29