Feb 17, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
When something from your team’s PR department ends up on Deadspin, it’s generally not a good thing. This marketing ploy from the New Jersey Nets caught the eye of Deadspin’s Jack Dickey today (emphasis Deadspin’s):
On February 22, your NETS will face off against Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic. For this one night only the NETS are discounting tickets in the Loud & Proud section to $12! We need YOU there to rock The Rock and give your NETS a true home court advantage!
How to Purchase Tickets:
Tickets are just $12!
Tickets available ONLY at Prudential Center Box Office beginning at 11AM day of game
12 ticket limit
Fans buying tickets must be wearing NETS apparel to show they are loud and proud!
PLUS, the first 2,500 fans to arrive at Prudential Center will receive a free ticket voucher to a future NETS home game.
Not the most subtle move from Prokhorov and Co. Not only are they slashing prices on the night when the one player who could entice Deron Williams to stay and prevent the Nets from going completely to ruins, but by slicing prices to Howard’s jersey number, the team is basically saying “COME AND CHEER FOR DWIGHT HOWARD WE NEED HIM QUITE BADLY.” Well, I guess nothing could be worse than the reversible jersey ploy of 2009, right?
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 0
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 58
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 47
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 24
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17