Feb 17, 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
When something from your team’s PR department ends up on Deadspin, it’s generally not a good thing. This marketing ploy from the New Jersey Nets caught the eye of Deadspin’s Jack Dickey today (emphasis Deadspin’s):
On February 22, your NETS will face off against Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic. For this one night only the NETS are discounting tickets in the Loud & Proud section to $12! We need YOU there to rock The Rock and give your NETS a true home court advantage!
How to Purchase Tickets:
Tickets are just $12!
Tickets available ONLY at Prudential Center Box Office beginning at 11AM day of game
12 ticket limit
Fans buying tickets must be wearing NETS apparel to show they are loud and proud!
PLUS, the first 2,500 fans to arrive at Prudential Center will receive a free ticket voucher to a future NETS home game.
Not the most subtle move from Prokhorov and Co. Not only are they slashing prices on the night when the one player who could entice Deron Williams to stay and prevent the Nets from going completely to ruins, but by slicing prices to Howard’s jersey number, the team is basically saying “COME AND CHEER FOR DWIGHT HOWARD WE NEED HIM QUITE BADLY.” Well, I guess nothing could be worse than the reversible jersey ploy of 2009, right?
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6