LeBron happy in Miami, was “truthful” about Cleveland

Feb 17, 2012, 1:44 PM EDT

Miami Heat v Atlanta Hawks Getty Images

The day after LeBron James offered an olive branch to Cleveland and opened the door a little on his possible return to play for the Cavaliers someday, you knew there would be a day of follow up questions. Because it’s LeBron and Cleveland and perspective goes out the window when those two things meet.

LeBron did not back down from his statement that he could possibly someday return to play in Cleveland, but he reiterated that day is not going to be anytime soon.

Some Heat fans got worried, for reasons I frankly can’t understand, but LeBron had to tell them to calm down. Here’s the quote, via our man Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.

“Nah, they shouldn’t be worried at all,” he said. “I love the fans in Miami and I’m here. The question was basically could I see myself playing back here. I said, ‘yeah,’ in the sense of I don’t know what my future holds and I don’t want to take that out, but I mean I love the fans of Miami and I got everything invested with this team and I’m looking forward to the years to come.”

LeBron has gotten used to the fact that everything he says or does gets blown up.

“I mean I’m already on ‘LeBron Watch,’ ” he said with a smile. “For the most part, everything I do is a ‘LeBron Watch.’ Like I said, my mindset is on this season. My mindset is on helping this team win a championship and continuing to get better every day.”

LeBron is going to be a member of the Heat for years. He can’t predict what will be happening in his life and the NBA five years from now no more than you or me or anyone else can. So he tried to leave a door open.

Can we move on now?

Latest Posts
  1. Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment

Sep 23, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT

Adam Silver Adam Silver

Adam Silver also says league isn’t looking into owners’ pasts

2. Wizards sign Rasual Butler, Damion James

Sep 23, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT

Washington Wizards v Los Angeles Clippers Getty Images

James reportedly received guaranteed contract

3. Early new drawings for proposed Warriors arena… that does look like a toilet

Sep 23, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT

Warriors-Mission-Bay-Arena-Concept-Design-NW-View-thumb-896x491-860535

Not a lot of people will see the building from above, and it’s early in the process, but…. that’s not pretty.

4. Kyle Lowry: Raptors wanted me just as Steve Nash’s backup

Sep 23, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT

Toronto Raptors v Los Angeles Lakers Toronto Raptors v Los Angeles Lakers

The many times Toronto and Kyle Lowry could have blown it with each other

5. Dirk Nowitzki developed quicker shot release. That’s just not fair.

Sep 23, 2014, 11:38 AM EDT

Philadelphia 76ers v Dallas Mavericks Getty Images

He’s already the best midrange shooter in the game.

6. Dwyane Wade shows off blood-spattered Dexter shoes (photos)

Sep 23, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT

Dwyane Wade Dwyane Wade

Heat guard getting style from fictional Miami serial killer

7. Mavericks sign Doron Lamb

Sep 23, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT

Jimmer Fredette, Doron Lamb Jimmer Fredette, Doron Lamb

Lamb, after playing for Bucks and Magic, likely to fall out of NBA following training camp

8. Report: Nets signing Willie Reed

Sep 23, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT

Los Angeles D-Fenders v Springfield Armor Los Angeles D-Fenders v Springfield Armor

Reed, previously a member of Kings and Grizzlies, in line to compete for roster spot

9. Andrew Wiggins not bad with first pitch before Twins game (VIDEO)

Sep 23, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT

Arizona Diamondbacks v Minnesota Twins Getty Images

He’s better than Charles Barkley already at this.

10. NBA’s rookie transition program presents information in a compelling way in order to promote real discussion

Sep 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT

Initially uncomfortable information is presented in order to create a dialogue on real-life scenarios, which helps prepare rookies for their initial steps into the NBA life.

11. NBA tips-off season-long All-Star charitable outreach program in New York area

Sep 23, 2014, 2:25 AM EDT

Adam Silver Adam Silver

Monday tipped-off a series of NBA Cares and charitable events around the New York area tied to the All-Star Game.

12. Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach

Sep 23, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT

Washington Wizards v Boston Celtics Getty Images

Wyc Grousbeck also says he wants Boston to keep point guard long term

13. Hornets, in search of big man, sign Dallas Lauderdale and Brian Qvale

Sep 22, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT

Texas-San Antonio v Ohio State Getty Images

Charlotte also adds Justin Cobbs, who went undrafted out of Cal

14. Lakers sign Wayne Ellington, who played best for Byron Scott

Sep 22, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT

Minnesota Timberwolves v Los Angeles Lakers Minnesota Timberwolves v Los Angeles Lakers

Ellington, who played for Scott with Cavaliers, received partially guaranteed contract

15. Blake Griffin understands that Los Angeles is still a Lakers’ town

Sep 22, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT

Kobe Bryant, Blake Griffin AP

It’s not going to change anytime soon, either.

16. Report: Jazz to work out John Stockton’s son

Sep 22, 2014, 6:44 PM EDT

WCC Basketball Tournament - Championship - Brigham Young v Gonzaga Getty Images

David Stockton, an undrafted free agent out of Gonzaga, also worked out for Thunder

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches