LeBron happy in Miami, was “truthful” about Cleveland

Feb 17, 2012, 1:44 PM EDT

Miami Heat v Atlanta Hawks Getty Images

The day after LeBron James offered an olive branch to Cleveland and opened the door a little on his possible return to play for the Cavaliers someday, you knew there would be a day of follow up questions. Because it’s LeBron and Cleveland and perspective goes out the window when those two things meet.

LeBron did not back down from his statement that he could possibly someday return to play in Cleveland, but he reiterated that day is not going to be anytime soon.

Some Heat fans got worried, for reasons I frankly can’t understand, but LeBron had to tell them to calm down. Here’s the quote, via our man Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.

“Nah, they shouldn’t be worried at all,” he said. “I love the fans in Miami and I’m here. The question was basically could I see myself playing back here. I said, ‘yeah,’ in the sense of I don’t know what my future holds and I don’t want to take that out, but I mean I love the fans of Miami and I got everything invested with this team and I’m looking forward to the years to come.”

LeBron has gotten used to the fact that everything he says or does gets blown up.

“I mean I’m already on ‘LeBron Watch,’ ” he said with a smile. “For the most part, everything I do is a ‘LeBron Watch.’ Like I said, my mindset is on this season. My mindset is on helping this team win a championship and continuing to get better every day.”

LeBron is going to be a member of the Heat for years. He can’t predict what will be happening in his life and the NBA five years from now no more than you or me or anyone else can. So he tried to leave a door open.

Can we move on now?

Latest Posts
  1. PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court?

Apr 21, 2015, 12:14 AM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptrkyze4nmfkytlhmjnjodc4mjk4mgq0nzixowuwndg2 AP

Pierce’s comments made him unpopular north of the border, but his play should bother the Raptors more.

2. PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard

Apr 20, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT

Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Howard Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Howard

He was simply the most dominant player in Game 1 of the Mavericks vs. Rockets series.

3. Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James

Apr 20, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT

Miami Heat v Charlotte Bobcats - Game Four Getty Images

I could try to use logic and suggest that discussing the complete legacy of Jordan with the incomplete legacy of James is a fool’s errand. But this is the Internet, logic is not always welcome.

4. PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge

Apr 20, 2015, 7:50 PM EDT

Kyrie Irving Kyrie Irving

What you want to see as a Boston fan is Smart embrace the challenge.

5. PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson

Apr 20, 2015, 5:32 PM EDT

New Orleans Pelicans v Golden State Warriors - Game One New Orleans Pelicans v Golden State Warriors - Game One

Also, Tyreke Evans is a game-time decision after his injury in the playoff opener.

6. Clippers will rebrand this summer, new potential logos leaked

Apr 20, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT

Screen-shot-2015-04-17-at-10.35.11-PM

The Clippers need a rebranding, but the leaked images are not winning over new fans.

7. Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing

Apr 20, 2015, 11:57 AM EDT

Portland Trail Blazers v Memphis Grizzlies - Game One Getty Images

And he’s not the only Portland player worried about Aldridge leaving

Can Michael Carter-Williams slow Derrick Rose?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches