Feb 17, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Kevin Durant has gotten his big contract — he got a max deal (complete with the Derrick Rose kicker) that he signed as soon as the Oklahoma City Thunder offered it a year ago. There were no negotiations to speak of, but Goodwin did help Durant land some lucrative endorsement deals and build up his social media profile.
Which makes the fact he is leaving is agent Aaron Goodwin now is a bit surprising. But that is what he announced, reports the Associated Press.
Durant said before Friday’s game against the Golden State Warriors that he appreciates what Goodwin has done for him “but it was time for me to move on.”
Durant said he and his brother would serve in the agent role in the short term, he doesn’t have a new agent in mind.
Goodwin also lost Dwight Howard as a client last year.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8