Feb 17, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Kevin Durant has gotten his big contract — he got a max deal (complete with the Derrick Rose kicker) that he signed as soon as the Oklahoma City Thunder offered it a year ago. There were no negotiations to speak of, but Goodwin did help Durant land some lucrative endorsement deals and build up his social media profile.
Which makes the fact he is leaving is agent Aaron Goodwin now is a bit surprising. But that is what he announced, reports the Associated Press.
Durant said before Friday’s game against the Golden State Warriors that he appreciates what Goodwin has done for him “but it was time for me to move on.”
Durant said he and his brother would serve in the agent role in the short term, he doesn’t have a new agent in mind.
Goodwin also lost Dwight Howard as a client last year.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10