Feb 17, 2012, 8:35 PM EST
Kevin Durant has gotten his big contract — he got a max deal (complete with the Derrick Rose kicker) that he signed as soon as the Oklahoma City Thunder offered it a year ago. There were no negotiations to speak of, but Goodwin did help Durant land some lucrative endorsement deals and build up his social media profile.
Which makes the fact he is leaving is agent Aaron Goodwin now is a bit surprising. But that is what he announced, reports the Associated Press.
Durant said before Friday’s game against the Golden State Warriors that he appreciates what Goodwin has done for him “but it was time for me to move on.”
Durant said he and his brother would serve in the agent role in the short term, he doesn’t have a new agent in mind.
Goodwin also lost Dwight Howard as a client last year.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 10
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 22
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36