Feb 17, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Kevin Durant has gotten his big contract — he got a max deal (complete with the Derrick Rose kicker) that he signed as soon as the Oklahoma City Thunder offered it a year ago. There were no negotiations to speak of, but Goodwin did help Durant land some lucrative endorsement deals and build up his social media profile.
Which makes the fact he is leaving is agent Aaron Goodwin now is a bit surprising. But that is what he announced, reports the Associated Press.
Durant said before Friday’s game against the Golden State Warriors that he appreciates what Goodwin has done for him “but it was time for me to move on.”
Durant said he and his brother would serve in the agent role in the short term, he doesn’t have a new agent in mind.
Goodwin also lost Dwight Howard as a client last year.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18