Feb 17, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Kevin Durant has gotten his big contract — he got a max deal (complete with the Derrick Rose kicker) that he signed as soon as the Oklahoma City Thunder offered it a year ago. There were no negotiations to speak of, but Goodwin did help Durant land some lucrative endorsement deals and build up his social media profile.
Which makes the fact he is leaving is agent Aaron Goodwin now is a bit surprising. But that is what he announced, reports the Associated Press.
Durant said before Friday’s game against the Golden State Warriors that he appreciates what Goodwin has done for him “but it was time for me to move on.”
Durant said he and his brother would serve in the agent role in the short term, he doesn’t have a new agent in mind.
Goodwin also lost Dwight Howard as a client last year.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17