Feb 17, 2012, 8:43 AM EST
It’s a fair question in that things are going to have to change from how it was when Anthony was forced into the point-forward role at the start of the season. But this is a good thing.
“You know, that’s true. I’ve been hearing reports, can Jeremy coexist with Melo and everything like that. I’m just confused because he was the one who vouched for me in the first place. So, we want to play together and want to work together and are buying into that. Some people call Melo selfish and he doesn’t buy into the team. That’s just tough for anyone to hear, especially when we don’t think it’s true.”
(Question about getting more assists)“Yeah, I mean, I think that’s the job of a point guard. I don’t want to come out here and shoot 20 shots a game, but if that’s what the defense gives me, then I those nights that’s what I’m going to have to do.”
Anthony can fit in this offense — he worked off the ball just fine in Denver for all those years. Plus, right now, when the first Lin pick-and-roll doesn’t lead to a bucket for the Knicks they struggle with what to do next and reset. Anthony provides an obvious option — if the defense has to focus on the pick-and-roll Anthony will almost always have a favorable one-on-one matchup he can exploit. Zach Lowe does a great breakdown of this at Sports Illustrated.
This can work. It may be rough at times getting there, but it can work. But the real key is the Knicks have to keep playing good defense as they have been.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12