Feb 17, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
Michael Jordan, who really should need no introduction, turns 49 years old today. To commemorate that and the upcoming Slam Dunk Contest, here’s a highlight video of 3 of Jordan’s Slam Dunk Contest Performances — his duels with Dominique “The Human Highlight Film” Wilkins, one of which he won and one of which he lost, and his win over Jerome Kersey the year ‘Nique was injured.
All three contests feature Jordan taking off from the free-throw line, and the first contest features him doing it while wearing some gold chains. These dunks probably wouldn’t score high in next Saturday’s contest, but something tells me that Chase Budinger and Iman Shumpert aren’t going to generate the kind of electricity and buzz than MJ and ‘Nique did in their classic late-80s dunk-offs.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 8
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 5
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3