Feb 17, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT
From the Boston Globe’s Gary Washburn:
West, a tough, versatile player who was a key piece of the 66-win 08-09 Cavaliers, has had his career go through some extreme ups and downs since he was arrested for driving a motorcycle while carrying firearms in the 2009 offseason, and has struggled to regain his 08-09 form thanks to injuries and his public struggle with bipolar disorder.
Before the injury, which was fairly gruesome, West was averaging 8.5 points and 3.5 assists for the Mavericks, and was a huge help to the Mavericks, who are currently #4 in the league in defensive efficiency, on that side of the floor.
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 15
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 22
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 45