Feb 17, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT
From the Boston Globe’s Gary Washburn:
West, a tough, versatile player who was a key piece of the 66-win 08-09 Cavaliers, has had his career go through some extreme ups and downs since he was arrested for driving a motorcycle while carrying firearms in the 2009 offseason, and has struggled to regain his 08-09 form thanks to injuries and his public struggle with bipolar disorder.
Before the injury, which was fairly gruesome, West was averaging 8.5 points and 3.5 assists for the Mavericks, and was a huge help to the Mavericks, who are currently #4 in the league in defensive efficiency, on that side of the floor.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5