Feb 17, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT
From the Boston Globe’s Gary Washburn:
West, a tough, versatile player who was a key piece of the 66-win 08-09 Cavaliers, has had his career go through some extreme ups and downs since he was arrested for driving a motorcycle while carrying firearms in the 2009 offseason, and has struggled to regain his 08-09 form thanks to injuries and his public struggle with bipolar disorder.
Before the injury, which was fairly gruesome, West was averaging 8.5 points and 3.5 assists for the Mavericks, and was a huge help to the Mavericks, who are currently #4 in the league in defensive efficiency, on that side of the floor.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 3
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 2
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 7