Feb 17, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT
From the Boston Globe’s Gary Washburn:
West, a tough, versatile player who was a key piece of the 66-win 08-09 Cavaliers, has had his career go through some extreme ups and downs since he was arrested for driving a motorcycle while carrying firearms in the 2009 offseason, and has struggled to regain his 08-09 form thanks to injuries and his public struggle with bipolar disorder.
Before the injury, which was fairly gruesome, West was averaging 8.5 points and 3.5 assists for the Mavericks, and was a huge help to the Mavericks, who are currently #4 in the league in defensive efficiency, on that side of the floor.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 0
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15