Feb 17, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT
From the Boston Globe’s Gary Washburn:
West, a tough, versatile player who was a key piece of the 66-win 08-09 Cavaliers, has had his career go through some extreme ups and downs since he was arrested for driving a motorcycle while carrying firearms in the 2009 offseason, and has struggled to regain his 08-09 form thanks to injuries and his public struggle with bipolar disorder.
Before the injury, which was fairly gruesome, West was averaging 8.5 points and 3.5 assists for the Mavericks, and was a huge help to the Mavericks, who are currently #4 in the league in defensive efficiency, on that side of the floor.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13