Feb 16, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Here is your Jeremy Lin sign of the night from Madison Square Garden, via the twitter of CNBC and NBC Sports Network’s Darren Rovell.
Jeremy Lin is impacting betting lines on the Knicks a lot.
The Nets honored the late Whitney Houston (a New Jersey native) by playing her rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner” from the 1991 Super Bowl before their game Wednesday. Nice touch.
Chinese league playoffs update: Wilson Chandler’s team will play Stephon Marbury’s team in the first round, which should be interesting. (Thanks to NBA247365.com for the update.)
On the Friday night of All-Star weekend there is a celebrity game (you can catch it on ESPN) and this year Dwight Howard and Kevin Durant will be the coaches. Participants include J. Cole, Common, Vinny Guadagnino (Jersey Shore) and Penny Hardaway. Yes, that Penny Hardaway. I expect Durant to go Tom Thibodeau on those guys.
Every time the Knicks public address announcer called the name of Sacramento rookie point guard Isaiah Thomas Wednesday night, Knicks fans booed. Loudly. Knicks fans still hate that other Thomas, with good reason, but at least Spike Lee warned this kid what was coming.
In case you missed it, Jason Terry was out for the Mavericks with a strained quad. Nothing serious, but they will miss his points.
Stan Van Gundy talks Jeremy Lin, players he might have overlooked and what bugs him about the media (the short version of that answer).
Michael Jordan got rejected on the court… well, in a court of law by a judge. But either way, Jordan lost this one.
Wizards’ owner Ted Leonsis smacked around the Wizards blogs a little. Kelly Dwyer of Ball Don’t Lie rightly smacks around Leonsis a little for that. Team bloggers are hard-core fans by definition, not the base you should be pissing on.
Clippers assistant coach Howard Eisley got slapped with a $15,000 for yelling at the referees during the Clippers loss to the Mavericks. He must have used some pretty impressive language.
The Hornets are reportedly close to signing Lance Thomas to a second 10-day contract.
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 5
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 8
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 13
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 20
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 13