Feb 16, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Here is your Jeremy Lin sign of the night from Madison Square Garden, via the twitter of CNBC and NBC Sports Network’s Darren Rovell.
Jeremy Lin is impacting betting lines on the Knicks a lot.
The Nets honored the late Whitney Houston (a New Jersey native) by playing her rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner” from the 1991 Super Bowl before their game Wednesday. Nice touch.
Chinese league playoffs update: Wilson Chandler’s team will play Stephon Marbury’s team in the first round, which should be interesting. (Thanks to NBA247365.com for the update.)
On the Friday night of All-Star weekend there is a celebrity game (you can catch it on ESPN) and this year Dwight Howard and Kevin Durant will be the coaches. Participants include J. Cole, Common, Vinny Guadagnino (Jersey Shore) and Penny Hardaway. Yes, that Penny Hardaway. I expect Durant to go Tom Thibodeau on those guys.
Every time the Knicks public address announcer called the name of Sacramento rookie point guard Isaiah Thomas Wednesday night, Knicks fans booed. Loudly. Knicks fans still hate that other Thomas, with good reason, but at least Spike Lee warned this kid what was coming.
In case you missed it, Jason Terry was out for the Mavericks with a strained quad. Nothing serious, but they will miss his points.
Stan Van Gundy talks Jeremy Lin, players he might have overlooked and what bugs him about the media (the short version of that answer).
Michael Jordan got rejected on the court… well, in a court of law by a judge. But either way, Jordan lost this one.
Wizards’ owner Ted Leonsis smacked around the Wizards blogs a little. Kelly Dwyer of Ball Don’t Lie rightly smacks around Leonsis a little for that. Team bloggers are hard-core fans by definition, not the base you should be pissing on.
Clippers assistant coach Howard Eisley got slapped with a $15,000 for yelling at the referees during the Clippers loss to the Mavericks. He must have used some pretty impressive language.
The Hornets are reportedly close to signing Lance Thomas to a second 10-day contract.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15