Feb 16, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
It was gruesome when it happened.
Midway through the second quarter of the Mavericks latest win, Delonte West reached in and strip the ball and broke the ring finger on his right hand. Let’s just say you could see bone and blood was gushing. Not a pretty sight. You could tell because of Vince Carter’s reaction, like he saw a dead body.
As you might expect, West is going to be out of the lineup for what coach Rick Carlisle described as “a while.” I would define “a while” as at least a month, maybe more.
The Mavs are going to miss West, he was providing quality minutes off the bench at both guard spots, particularly on the defensive end. He was averaging 8.5 points and 3.5 assists per game
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 0
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 16
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 58
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5