Feb 16, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
It was gruesome when it happened.
Midway through the second quarter of the Mavericks latest win, Delonte West reached in and strip the ball and broke the ring finger on his right hand. Let’s just say you could see bone and blood was gushing. Not a pretty sight. You could tell because of Vince Carter’s reaction, like he saw a dead body.
As you might expect, West is going to be out of the lineup for what coach Rick Carlisle described as “a while.” I would define “a while” as at least a month, maybe more.
The Mavs are going to miss West, he was providing quality minutes off the bench at both guard spots, particularly on the defensive end. He was averaging 8.5 points and 3.5 assists per game
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 0
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 16
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 30
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 26
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 12