Feb 16, 2012, 12:15 PM EST
It was gruesome when it happened.
Midway through the second quarter of the Mavericks latest win, Delonte West reached in and strip the ball and broke the ring finger on his right hand. Let’s just say you could see bone and blood was gushing. Not a pretty sight. You could tell because of Vince Carter’s reaction, like he saw a dead body.
As you might expect, West is going to be out of the lineup for what coach Rick Carlisle described as “a while.” I would define “a while” as at least a month, maybe more.
The Mavs are going to miss West, he was providing quality minutes off the bench at both guard spots, particularly on the defensive end. He was averaging 8.5 points and 3.5 assists per game
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 4
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 12
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 19
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30