Feb 16, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
It was gruesome when it happened.
Midway through the second quarter of the Mavericks latest win, Delonte West reached in and strip the ball and broke the ring finger on his right hand. Let’s just say you could see bone and blood was gushing. Not a pretty sight. You could tell because of Vince Carter’s reaction, like he saw a dead body.
As you might expect, West is going to be out of the lineup for what coach Rick Carlisle described as “a while.” I would define “a while” as at least a month, maybe more.
The Mavs are going to miss West, he was providing quality minutes off the bench at both guard spots, particularly on the defensive end. He was averaging 8.5 points and 3.5 assists per game
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 10
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 31
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 19