Feb 16, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
It was gruesome when it happened.
Midway through the second quarter of the Mavericks latest win, Delonte West reached in and strip the ball and broke the ring finger on his right hand. Let’s just say you could see bone and blood was gushing. Not a pretty sight. You could tell because of Vince Carter’s reaction, like he saw a dead body.
As you might expect, West is going to be out of the lineup for what coach Rick Carlisle described as “a while.” I would define “a while” as at least a month, maybe more.
The Mavs are going to miss West, he was providing quality minutes off the bench at both guard spots, particularly on the defensive end. He was averaging 8.5 points and 3.5 assists per game
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 18
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 19
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4