Feb 16, 2012, 12:15 PM EST
It was gruesome when it happened.
Midway through the second quarter of the Mavericks latest win, Delonte West reached in and strip the ball and broke the ring finger on his right hand. Let’s just say you could see bone and blood was gushing. Not a pretty sight. You could tell because of Vince Carter’s reaction, like he saw a dead body.
As you might expect, West is going to be out of the lineup for what coach Rick Carlisle described as “a while.” I would define “a while” as at least a month, maybe more.
The Mavs are going to miss West, he was providing quality minutes off the bench at both guard spots, particularly on the defensive end. He was averaging 8.5 points and 3.5 assists per game
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 5
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)