Feb 16, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
It was gruesome when it happened.
Midway through the second quarter of the Mavericks latest win, Delonte West reached in and strip the ball and broke the ring finger on his right hand. Let’s just say you could see bone and blood was gushing. Not a pretty sight. You could tell because of Vince Carter’s reaction, like he saw a dead body.
As you might expect, West is going to be out of the lineup for what coach Rick Carlisle described as “a while.” I would define “a while” as at least a month, maybe more.
The Mavs are going to miss West, he was providing quality minutes off the bench at both guard spots, particularly on the defensive end. He was averaging 8.5 points and 3.5 assists per game
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 0
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 46
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 58
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17