Feb 16, 2012, 4:36 PM EDT
Because the Hornets could use more problems….
Starting center Emeka Okafor did not suit up for New Orleans Wednesday on the first game of a six game road trip, and he could be out a while longer than that, coach Monty Williams said. Here is his quote, via NBA.com.
“From what I’ve heard it’s one of those weird deals,” Williams said. “I just heard yesterday he’s not going to travel with us and he’ll stay at home.”
New Orleans is not talking about what it is, but reportedly he will be out until after the All-Star game. Okafor provides the Hornets a solid 9.9 points and 7.9 rebounds a game, he’s not dominant but he shoots an efficient 53.3 percent. His PER of 15.7 is near the league average, but also near the top on the struggling Hornets.
With Okafor and Carl Landry out, a lot more falls on the shoulders of Chris Kaman, who took 23 shots (10 more than anyone else on the team) in the Hornets surprise win over the Bucks Wednesday. He only scored 18 points on those 23 shots.
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 0
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 35
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 79
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 19
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48