Feb 16, 2012, 4:36 PM EST
Because the Hornets could use more problems….
Starting center Emeka Okafor did not suit up for New Orleans Wednesday on the first game of a six game road trip, and he could be out a while longer than that, coach Monty Williams said. Here is his quote, via NBA.com.
“From what I’ve heard it’s one of those weird deals,” Williams said. “I just heard yesterday he’s not going to travel with us and he’ll stay at home.”
New Orleans is not talking about what it is, but reportedly he will be out until after the All-Star game. Okafor provides the Hornets a solid 9.9 points and 7.9 rebounds a game, he’s not dominant but he shoots an efficient 53.3 percent. His PER of 15.7 is near the league average, but also near the top on the struggling Hornets.
With Okafor and Carl Landry out, a lot more falls on the shoulders of Chris Kaman, who took 23 shots (10 more than anyone else on the team) in the Hornets surprise win over the Bucks Wednesday. He only scored 18 points on those 23 shots.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 4
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 26
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3