Feb 16, 2012, 4:36 PM EDT
Because the Hornets could use more problems….
Starting center Emeka Okafor did not suit up for New Orleans Wednesday on the first game of a six game road trip, and he could be out a while longer than that, coach Monty Williams said. Here is his quote, via NBA.com.
“From what I’ve heard it’s one of those weird deals,” Williams said. “I just heard yesterday he’s not going to travel with us and he’ll stay at home.”
New Orleans is not talking about what it is, but reportedly he will be out until after the All-Star game. Okafor provides the Hornets a solid 9.9 points and 7.9 rebounds a game, he’s not dominant but he shoots an efficient 53.3 percent. His PER of 15.7 is near the league average, but also near the top on the struggling Hornets.
With Okafor and Carl Landry out, a lot more falls on the shoulders of Chris Kaman, who took 23 shots (10 more than anyone else on the team) in the Hornets surprise win over the Bucks Wednesday. He only scored 18 points on those 23 shots.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 0
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 1
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 28
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 56
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40