Feb 15, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Mike D’Antoni talks Linsanity, and blending Carmelo Anthony back in to the team. It’s about the ball having energy.
A guy from Cornell talks about playing against Jeremy Lin. You can add Ivy Leaguers to the list of people who did not see this coming.
Some Harvard lawyers and executives that played with Lin didn’t see it coming, either.
Team USA and Spain will play in a pre-Olympic exhibition game that likely will be a Gold Medal preview game.
Kobe Bryant’s now ex-wife Vanessa was waiting for him outside the Lakers locker room on Valentines Day.
Lakers coach Mike Brown confirms he has talked with J.R. Smith. We’ll see what kind of a recruiter he is.
Kevin Love is logging more minutes per game than anyone in the NBA, which at age 23 after losing a lot of weight makes sense. Kobe Bryant is second in minutes per game at age 33 with a lot of miles on him.
And don’t go thinking coaches are resting their players more this year.
Lest you think the draft is a lock, here’s a story on how in 1979 the Lakers were torn, debating between taking Magic Johnson with the top overall pick or Sidney Moncrief. It was a close call.
The other day Metta World Peace accused Mike Brown of being a “stats guy” and that’s why Metta is sitting at the end of games. Mike Brown’s response: “If I was a stats guy, Metta, you wouldn’t be playing at all.”
But now World Peace and Brown say everything is good between them.
Mark Cuban thinks Shawn Marion should be a Defensive Player of the Year candidate. Mark Cuban thinks a lot of things.
If you missed it, Chris Anderson — the Birdman — was in full flight Tuesday night with 16 points and 6 blocks.
A Q&A with Norris Cole, who dropped 20 last night on the Pacers. Heat have a keeper in this rookie.
Hornets coach Monty Williams wants to shoot down all the rumors that Eric Gordon doesn’t want to play for the Hornets. He’s right. Gordon wants to play and prove himself, he’s not faking injuries here.
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 0
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22