Feb 15, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
Kevin Garnett suffered a hip flexor injury in the Celtics win over the Bulls Sunday and it kept him out of practice on Tuesday, with Doc Rivers saying KG was doubtful for Wednesday night’s game against the Pistons. There was even talk after practice of KG missing a couple games.
But Garnett went through shootaround Wednesday morning and is now listed as probable, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Jermaine O’Neal and Mickael Pietrus also both went through shootaround and said they wanted to play. Still, all three will officially be game time decisions.
Brandon Bass will not play, he is likely out another week.
The Celtics are not a young team and Rivers needs to balance making it into the playoffs with a good seed and still resting his players in a condensed schedule. With the All-Star break coming up — four days off for every Celtic not named Paul Pierce — he can push a little harder now.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 10
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 31
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 19