Feb 15, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
Kevin Garnett suffered a hip flexor injury in the Celtics win over the Bulls Sunday and it kept him out of practice on Tuesday, with Doc Rivers saying KG was doubtful for Wednesday night’s game against the Pistons. There was even talk after practice of KG missing a couple games.
But Garnett went through shootaround Wednesday morning and is now listed as probable, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Jermaine O’Neal and Mickael Pietrus also both went through shootaround and said they wanted to play. Still, all three will officially be game time decisions.
Brandon Bass will not play, he is likely out another week.
The Celtics are not a young team and Rivers needs to balance making it into the playoffs with a good seed and still resting his players in a condensed schedule. With the All-Star break coming up — four days off for every Celtic not named Paul Pierce — he can push a little harder now.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 44
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11