Feb 15, 2012, 11:56 AM EST
Kevin Garnett suffered a hip flexor injury in the Celtics win over the Bulls Sunday and it kept him out of practice on Tuesday, with Doc Rivers saying KG was doubtful for Wednesday night’s game against the Pistons. There was even talk after practice of KG missing a couple games.
But Garnett went through shootaround Wednesday morning and is now listed as probable, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Jermaine O’Neal and Mickael Pietrus also both went through shootaround and said they wanted to play. Still, all three will officially be game time decisions.
Brandon Bass will not play, he is likely out another week.
The Celtics are not a young team and Rivers needs to balance making it into the playoffs with a good seed and still resting his players in a condensed schedule. With the All-Star break coming up — four days off for every Celtic not named Paul Pierce — he can push a little harder now.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5