Feb 15, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
Kevin Garnett suffered a hip flexor injury in the Celtics win over the Bulls Sunday and it kept him out of practice on Tuesday, with Doc Rivers saying KG was doubtful for Wednesday night’s game against the Pistons. There was even talk after practice of KG missing a couple games.
But Garnett went through shootaround Wednesday morning and is now listed as probable, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Jermaine O’Neal and Mickael Pietrus also both went through shootaround and said they wanted to play. Still, all three will officially be game time decisions.
Brandon Bass will not play, he is likely out another week.
The Celtics are not a young team and Rivers needs to balance making it into the playoffs with a good seed and still resting his players in a condensed schedule. With the All-Star break coming up — four days off for every Celtic not named Paul Pierce — he can push a little harder now.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 0
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 7
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 13
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11