Feb 15, 2012, 11:56 AM EDT
Kevin Garnett suffered a hip flexor injury in the Celtics win over the Bulls Sunday and it kept him out of practice on Tuesday, with Doc Rivers saying KG was doubtful for Wednesday night’s game against the Pistons. There was even talk after practice of KG missing a couple games.
But Garnett went through shootaround Wednesday morning and is now listed as probable, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Jermaine O’Neal and Mickael Pietrus also both went through shootaround and said they wanted to play. Still, all three will officially be game time decisions.
Brandon Bass will not play, he is likely out another week.
The Celtics are not a young team and Rivers needs to balance making it into the playoffs with a good seed and still resting his players in a condensed schedule. With the All-Star break coming up — four days off for every Celtic not named Paul Pierce — he can push a little harder now.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4