Feb 15, 2012, 9:16 PM EST
But when push came to shove, the Celtics decided to give him the night off. He is out for a game, a decision made less than an hour before tip-off (after Doc Rivers had his pregame meeting with the media).
This is the first game KG has missed this season. Rivers had said previously this was not a serious injury. However in this condensed season, giving the not-exactly-young Garnett a night off here and there to rest injuries. Especially against a team the Celtics should beat like the Pistons.
The Celtics play again Thursday night at Chicago, the first of a five-game road trip. Expect KG to play in most if not all of those games.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8