Feb 15, 2012, 9:16 PM EDT
But when push came to shove, the Celtics decided to give him the night off. He is out for a game, a decision made less than an hour before tip-off (after Doc Rivers had his pregame meeting with the media).
This is the first game KG has missed this season. Rivers had said previously this was not a serious injury. However in this condensed season, giving the not-exactly-young Garnett a night off here and there to rest injuries. Especially against a team the Celtics should beat like the Pistons.
The Celtics play again Thursday night at Chicago, the first of a five-game road trip. Expect KG to play in most if not all of those games.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8