Feb 15, 2012, 9:16 PM EDT
But when push came to shove, the Celtics decided to give him the night off. He is out for a game, a decision made less than an hour before tip-off (after Doc Rivers had his pregame meeting with the media).
This is the first game KG has missed this season. Rivers had said previously this was not a serious injury. However in this condensed season, giving the not-exactly-young Garnett a night off here and there to rest injuries. Especially against a team the Celtics should beat like the Pistons.
The Celtics play again Thursday night at Chicago, the first of a five-game road trip. Expect KG to play in most if not all of those games.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 4
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2