Feb 15, 2012, 9:16 PM EDT
But when push came to shove, the Celtics decided to give him the night off. He is out for a game, a decision made less than an hour before tip-off (after Doc Rivers had his pregame meeting with the media).
This is the first game KG has missed this season. Rivers had said previously this was not a serious injury. However in this condensed season, giving the not-exactly-young Garnett a night off here and there to rest injuries. Especially against a team the Celtics should beat like the Pistons.
The Celtics play again Thursday night at Chicago, the first of a five-game road trip. Expect KG to play in most if not all of those games.
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 0
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 12
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6