Feb 15, 2012, 9:16 PM EDT
But when push came to shove, the Celtics decided to give him the night off. He is out for a game, a decision made less than an hour before tip-off (after Doc Rivers had his pregame meeting with the media).
This is the first game KG has missed this season. Rivers had said previously this was not a serious injury. However in this condensed season, giving the not-exactly-young Garnett a night off here and there to rest injuries. Especially against a team the Celtics should beat like the Pistons.
The Celtics play again Thursday night at Chicago, the first of a five-game road trip. Expect KG to play in most if not all of those games.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7