Jeremy Lin off the couch, moving into a Trump Tower

Feb 15, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT

Los Angeles Lakers v New York Knicks Getty Images

Jeremy Lin is not going to be sleeping on a couch any longer.

In fact he’s moving into a Trump Tower — no, not that one in the middle of Manhattan. Now that Lin’s contract is guaranteed he is taking over Amare Stoudemire’s old place in White Plains, reports the New York Daily News.

The Trump Tower in downtown White Plains, a 35-story building right off Main St. that’s home to several other Knicks players and some New York Rangers as well….

Lin’s new neighbors can’t wait.

“I’d say 90% of the people in the building will be very, very happy,” said tenant Daniel Ratki, 32.

What’s wrong with the other 10 percent? Look, if Metta World Peace moved into your building and you were concerned, I would get that. Same with a number of NBA players. But Lin is humble, quiet, not a party guy in the least. No 4 a.m. parties going on in his pad. So relax.

I guess Linsanity hasn’t reached everybody. Yet. But it will.

1. shaner329 - Feb 15, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I don’t mind the good amount of Jeremy Lin articles on here that talk about Lin’s ability and his great story, but articles like this remind me how Mike Florio eventually got me to hate Tim Tebow.

2. SOBEIT - Feb 15, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I actually heard that it was David Lee’s old apt and that Lee sublet the apt to Lin. Both were on the Warriors and Lee and Lin had the same trainer in Palo Alto.

• stoudemelo - Feb 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Finally some real reporting

3. ljl2 - Feb 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Jeez, Kurt. He should probably hold off. His run can’t last!

• theripster30 - Feb 15, 2012 at 10:36 PM

LOL

4. glink123 - Feb 15, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Lin’s contract is only $600k. After taxes, that’s like, $300k, or roughly $25k a month. Trump Tower rent has to be $10k a month, one would think. That’s some serious percentage if his total scratch, IMHO.

5. glink123 - Feb 15, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I stand corrected. Lin is only shelling out $3,800 a month – http://m.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2012/02/linsanity-takes-white-plains-twilight-jim-calhoun/48753/

6. davidly - Feb 16, 2012 at 8:16 AM

This reminds me of a certain fledgling superstar from the Stuyvesant Sparrows of the old league (twelve location & eight name changes before they became the Nets) who moved into the Belford Avenue Tower because it was right across from the gym and he could get to practice early. Of course, I’m talking about the eminently illustrious laureate of hoops himself, one Skibby MaRue. True story.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches