Feb 15, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
From the Akron-Beacon Journal’s Jason Lloyd:
Rookie Kyrie Irving has been medically cleared following his concussion and will be in the starting lineup tonight for the Cavs when they host the Indiana Pacers.
Irving suffered the concussion Feb. 7 at Miami and missed three games as a result. The Cavs went 1-2 without him.
Irving said that his concussion “felt better than most,” which does explain why he’s returning to the floor so soon. Before the injury, Irving was enjoying an excellent rookie season, and has averaged 18 points and 5 assists per game on 49.2%/41.3%/83.0% shooting this year. The Cavaliers are currently in the hunt for the #8 seed in the East, but with Jeremy Lin having completely rejuvenated the Knicks, the Cavaliers’ playoff chances appear to be getting slimmer and slimmer.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (90)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris