Feb 15, 2012, 2:09 AM EDT
This does not mean that Luol Deng is going to play 41 minutes of the All-Star Game. Probably.
With their win Tuesday night, the Chicago Bulls will have the best record in the Eastern Conference on Feb. 15 at 24-7, which means Tom Thibodeau will coach the All-Star Game for his conference.
Soctt Brooks of the Oklahoma City Thunder will coach the West, making it two first time coaches for the game. Which makes Gregg Popovich smile.
Thibodeau is a veteran who will relax his intense demeanor for a few days and have some fun with this. Probably. But if the game is close late… that could be interesting.
The All-Star game is set for Sunday, Feb. 26 at 7 p.m. on TNT. It’s opposite the Oscars, so you and your significant other can start arguing about the remote control now.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31