Feb 15, 2012, 2:09 AM EDT
This does not mean that Luol Deng is going to play 41 minutes of the All-Star Game. Probably.
With their win Tuesday night, the Chicago Bulls will have the best record in the Eastern Conference on Feb. 15 at 24-7, which means Tom Thibodeau will coach the All-Star Game for his conference.
Soctt Brooks of the Oklahoma City Thunder will coach the West, making it two first time coaches for the game. Which makes Gregg Popovich smile.
Thibodeau is a veteran who will relax his intense demeanor for a few days and have some fun with this. Probably. But if the game is close late… that could be interesting.
The All-Star game is set for Sunday, Feb. 26 at 7 p.m. on TNT. It’s opposite the Oscars, so you and your significant other can start arguing about the remote control now.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6