Feb 15, 2012, 2:09 AM EDT
This does not mean that Luol Deng is going to play 41 minutes of the All-Star Game. Probably.
With their win Tuesday night, the Chicago Bulls will have the best record in the Eastern Conference on Feb. 15 at 24-7, which means Tom Thibodeau will coach the All-Star Game for his conference.
Soctt Brooks of the Oklahoma City Thunder will coach the West, making it two first time coaches for the game. Which makes Gregg Popovich smile.
Thibodeau is a veteran who will relax his intense demeanor for a few days and have some fun with this. Probably. But if the game is close late… that could be interesting.
The All-Star game is set for Sunday, Feb. 26 at 7 p.m. on TNT. It’s opposite the Oscars, so you and your significant other can start arguing about the remote control now.
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 23
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 28
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Memphis Grizzlies have new anthem: “We Don’t Bluff” 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay