Feb 15, 2012, 2:09 AM EDT
This does not mean that Luol Deng is going to play 41 minutes of the All-Star Game. Probably.
With their win Tuesday night, the Chicago Bulls will have the best record in the Eastern Conference on Feb. 15 at 24-7, which means Tom Thibodeau will coach the All-Star Game for his conference.
Soctt Brooks of the Oklahoma City Thunder will coach the West, making it two first time coaches for the game. Which makes Gregg Popovich smile.
Thibodeau is a veteran who will relax his intense demeanor for a few days and have some fun with this. Probably. But if the game is close late… that could be interesting.
The All-Star game is set for Sunday, Feb. 26 at 7 p.m. on TNT. It’s opposite the Oscars, so you and your significant other can start arguing about the remote control now.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 3
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 10
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 15
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43