Feb 14, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Caron Butler had a good night in Dallas — he got his championship ring as part of last year’s Mavericks (he was injured through the playoffs but was key for them the first part of the year), then he went out and scored a season high 23 on his old team as part of the Clippers.
It was almost a great night. With less than 10 seconds left in the game and the Clippers down two, Chris Paul made a steal and rather than call timeout — like most controlling coaches would have preferred — he pushed the ball up and tried to make something happen against a scrambling Dallas defense. He did — Butler got a good look at a game winning three. He just missed it (he was still 5-of-10 from three on the night).
Still, he got the ring. And that is pretty sweet.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 16
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16