Feb 14, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Caron Butler had a good night in Dallas — he got his championship ring as part of last year’s Mavericks (he was injured through the playoffs but was key for them the first part of the year), then he went out and scored a season high 23 on his old team as part of the Clippers.
It was almost a great night. With less than 10 seconds left in the game and the Clippers down two, Chris Paul made a steal and rather than call timeout — like most controlling coaches would have preferred — he pushed the ball up and tried to make something happen against a scrambling Dallas defense. He did — Butler got a good look at a game winning three. He just missed it (he was still 5-of-10 from three on the night).
Still, he got the ring. And that is pretty sweet.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 25
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18