Feb 14, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Caron Butler had a good night in Dallas — he got his championship ring as part of last year’s Mavericks (he was injured through the playoffs but was key for them the first part of the year), then he went out and scored a season high 23 on his old team as part of the Clippers.
It was almost a great night. With less than 10 seconds left in the game and the Clippers down two, Chris Paul made a steal and rather than call timeout — like most controlling coaches would have preferred — he pushed the ball up and tried to make something happen against a scrambling Dallas defense. He did — Butler got a good look at a game winning three. He just missed it (he was still 5-of-10 from three on the night).
Still, he got the ring. And that is pretty sweet.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17