Feb 14, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Caron Butler had a good night in Dallas — he got his championship ring as part of last year’s Mavericks (he was injured through the playoffs but was key for them the first part of the year), then he went out and scored a season high 23 on his old team as part of the Clippers.
It was almost a great night. With less than 10 seconds left in the game and the Clippers down two, Chris Paul made a steal and rather than call timeout — like most controlling coaches would have preferred — he pushed the ball up and tried to make something happen against a scrambling Dallas defense. He did — Butler got a good look at a game winning three. He just missed it (he was still 5-of-10 from three on the night).
Still, he got the ring. And that is pretty sweet.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 57
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31