Feb 14, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Caron Butler had a good night in Dallas — he got his championship ring as part of last year’s Mavericks (he was injured through the playoffs but was key for them the first part of the year), then he went out and scored a season high 23 on his old team as part of the Clippers.
It was almost a great night. With less than 10 seconds left in the game and the Clippers down two, Chris Paul made a steal and rather than call timeout — like most controlling coaches would have preferred — he pushed the ball up and tried to make something happen against a scrambling Dallas defense. He did — Butler got a good look at a game winning three. He just missed it (he was still 5-of-10 from three on the night).
Still, he got the ring. And that is pretty sweet.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 0
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8