Feb 14, 2012, 1:35 PM EDT
Caron Butler had a good night in Dallas — he got his championship ring as part of last year’s Mavericks (he was injured through the playoffs but was key for them the first part of the year), then he went out and scored a season high 23 on his old team as part of the Clippers.
It was almost a great night. With less than 10 seconds left in the game and the Clippers down two, Chris Paul made a steal and rather than call timeout — like most controlling coaches would have preferred — he pushed the ball up and tried to make something happen against a scrambling Dallas defense. He did — Butler got a good look at a game winning three. He just missed it (he was still 5-of-10 from three on the night).
Still, he got the ring. And that is pretty sweet.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 7
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 8
- Why shot-location defense matters 6
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 6