Feb 14, 2012, 11:44 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Zach Randolph has been cleared by doctors for non-contact practices and is expected to return to the Grizzlies in early March. That would be huge for this team.
It wasn’t just pro scouts, college recruiters missed on Jeremy Lin, too.
Hornets coach Monty Williams joked Monday night that we should all just start blaming everything on LeBron James.
Kobe Bryant is still pissed at the teams that passed him up in the draft. Of course he is.
Last year Andre Emmett was playing in that one-on-one on Alcatraz event, now he’s a New Jersey Net. You can make up your own “trading one prison for another” joke about Jersey if you want.
In case you missed it, Stephen Curry had a slight roll of his ankle again last night, but he was able to return to the game and play through it. Still, concerning.
Good read on the Lakers roster problems, and how they are like whack-a-mole.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2