Feb 14, 2012, 8:10 AM EDT
“It surely wouldn’t hurt,” Bryant said Monday after practice at the Lakers’ facility in El Segundo. “That’s for sure.”
Well, that’s a ringing endorsement. What does coach Mike Brown say?
“If somebody can help us, then I’m open to that,” Brown said. “I can’t say whether or not he can help us. I haven’t seen or talked to him and people who have seen him.”
He hasn’t talked to Kupchak about it? Riiiight.
Kobe’s attitude was that of a lot of Lakers fans the last 48 hours — Arenas is cheap and he can’t be worse than what we have, so why not? You can argue that position if you want, but desperation pickups are not how teams that fancy themselves contenders solve problems. Arenas shot 34 percent in Orlando last season and had a PER right where Derek Fisher’s is now. He is not the answer. The Lakers need to make a bold move (one that doesn’t get shot down by David Stern). Or at least pick up someone like Ramon Sessions, who will be an improvement at the one spot.
But if you want to bring in Arenas, it can’t hurt.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48