Feb 14, 2012, 8:10 AM EDT
“It surely wouldn’t hurt,” Bryant said Monday after practice at the Lakers’ facility in El Segundo. “That’s for sure.”
Well, that’s a ringing endorsement. What does coach Mike Brown say?
“If somebody can help us, then I’m open to that,” Brown said. “I can’t say whether or not he can help us. I haven’t seen or talked to him and people who have seen him.”
He hasn’t talked to Kupchak about it? Riiiight.
Kobe’s attitude was that of a lot of Lakers fans the last 48 hours — Arenas is cheap and he can’t be worse than what we have, so why not? You can argue that position if you want, but desperation pickups are not how teams that fancy themselves contenders solve problems. Arenas shot 34 percent in Orlando last season and had a PER right where Derek Fisher’s is now. He is not the answer. The Lakers need to make a bold move (one that doesn’t get shot down by David Stern). Or at least pick up someone like Ramon Sessions, who will be an improvement at the one spot.
But if you want to bring in Arenas, it can’t hurt.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 23
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 55
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3