Feb 14, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Derrick Rose is going to miss his third consecutive game Tuesday, his ongoing back spasms keeping him out coach Tom Thibodeau announced, as reported by CSNChicago.com. The Bulls will face the Sacramento Kings without him.
Rose saw a back specialist on Monday who confirmed that this is a muscular, not structural issue. Which means he needs rest more than anything.
But don’t be shocked if Rose misses a few more games. I’ll give you two good reasons.
Second, Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdrof thinks he should sit more. Here is Reinsdorf’s quote via ESPNDallas.com.
“I’m one of those people who watches and thinks, ‘Why don’t you get him out of the game?’ ” Reinsdorf said of Rose. “When Michael was still in the game and he would be in at the end of big wins, I’d say, ‘Phil, why don’t you take him out?’ And Phil would say, ‘When I was with the Knicks, an opponent once scored 23 straight points against us at the end of a game to win.’ “
The Bulls next game is a rematch with the Celtics Thursday, followed by the Nets on Saturday.
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 0
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 19
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9