Feb 14, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Derrick Rose is going to miss his third consecutive game Tuesday, his ongoing back spasms keeping him out coach Tom Thibodeau announced, as reported by CSNChicago.com. The Bulls will face the Sacramento Kings without him.
Rose saw a back specialist on Monday who confirmed that this is a muscular, not structural issue. Which means he needs rest more than anything.
But don’t be shocked if Rose misses a few more games. I’ll give you two good reasons.
Second, Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdrof thinks he should sit more. Here is Reinsdorf’s quote via ESPNDallas.com.
“I’m one of those people who watches and thinks, ‘Why don’t you get him out of the game?’ ” Reinsdorf said of Rose. “When Michael was still in the game and he would be in at the end of big wins, I’d say, ‘Phil, why don’t you take him out?’ And Phil would say, ‘When I was with the Knicks, an opponent once scored 23 straight points against us at the end of a game to win.’ “
The Bulls next game is a rematch with the Celtics Thursday, followed by the Nets on Saturday.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 4
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 6
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 39
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5