Feb 14, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Derrick Rose is going to miss his third consecutive game Tuesday, his ongoing back spasms keeping him out coach Tom Thibodeau announced, as reported by CSNChicago.com. The Bulls will face the Sacramento Kings without him.
Rose saw a back specialist on Monday who confirmed that this is a muscular, not structural issue. Which means he needs rest more than anything.
But don’t be shocked if Rose misses a few more games. I’ll give you two good reasons.
Second, Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdrof thinks he should sit more. Here is Reinsdorf’s quote via ESPNDallas.com.
“I’m one of those people who watches and thinks, ‘Why don’t you get him out of the game?’ ” Reinsdorf said of Rose. “When Michael was still in the game and he would be in at the end of big wins, I’d say, ‘Phil, why don’t you take him out?’ And Phil would say, ‘When I was with the Knicks, an opponent once scored 23 straight points against us at the end of a game to win.’ “
The Bulls next game is a rematch with the Celtics Thursday, followed by the Nets on Saturday.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11