Feb 14, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Derrick Rose is going to miss his third consecutive game Tuesday, his ongoing back spasms keeping him out coach Tom Thibodeau announced, as reported by CSNChicago.com. The Bulls will face the Sacramento Kings without him.
Rose saw a back specialist on Monday who confirmed that this is a muscular, not structural issue. Which means he needs rest more than anything.
But don’t be shocked if Rose misses a few more games. I’ll give you two good reasons.
Second, Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdrof thinks he should sit more. Here is Reinsdorf’s quote via ESPNDallas.com.
“I’m one of those people who watches and thinks, ‘Why don’t you get him out of the game?’ ” Reinsdorf said of Rose. “When Michael was still in the game and he would be in at the end of big wins, I’d say, ‘Phil, why don’t you take him out?’ And Phil would say, ‘When I was with the Knicks, an opponent once scored 23 straight points against us at the end of a game to win.’ “
The Bulls next game is a rematch with the Celtics Thursday, followed by the Nets on Saturday.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 16
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 39
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4