Feb 14, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Derrick Rose is going to miss his third consecutive game Tuesday, his ongoing back spasms keeping him out coach Tom Thibodeau announced, as reported by CSNChicago.com. The Bulls will face the Sacramento Kings without him.
Rose saw a back specialist on Monday who confirmed that this is a muscular, not structural issue. Which means he needs rest more than anything.
But don’t be shocked if Rose misses a few more games. I’ll give you two good reasons.
Second, Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdrof thinks he should sit more. Here is Reinsdorf’s quote via ESPNDallas.com.
“I’m one of those people who watches and thinks, ‘Why don’t you get him out of the game?’ ” Reinsdorf said of Rose. “When Michael was still in the game and he would be in at the end of big wins, I’d say, ‘Phil, why don’t you take him out?’ And Phil would say, ‘When I was with the Knicks, an opponent once scored 23 straight points against us at the end of a game to win.’ “
The Bulls next game is a rematch with the Celtics Thursday, followed by the Nets on Saturday.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19