Feb 13, 2012, 11:25 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
The Lakers actually tried to get Jeremy Lin — they put in a waiver claim on him when the Warriors cut him before the season, but the Rockets got him because they also put in a claim and had a worse record last year. When the Rockets waived him, the Lakers didn’t bother because they knew another team with a worse record last year (the Knicks among them) would.
Rockets coach Kevin McHale has nothing but nice things to say about Lin and wishes him well.
Journalist Jason Whttlock has apologized for his unfunny and just stupid twitter comment about Lin.
Lin clowning around on Xanga back in 2004 (when he was 16), showing off his imitation of NBA headband styles.
Expect Nene to be out four-to-five days with a bum knee.
On Sunday, Rashard Lewis joined Jason Kidd and Paul Pierce as the only NBA players ever with least 15,000 points, 5,000 rebounds and 1,500 three-pointers. He’s become a punch line because of his contract, but the guy has game.
A group of war veterans is trying to get Orlando officials to give up their All-Star tickets to said veterans.
A video breakdown of how good the Bulls defense is.
Out in Golden State, rookie Klay Thompson has 33 points his last two games and is finding his stroke from three. Just something to watch.
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 0
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 0
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 16
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 6
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23