Feb 13, 2012, 11:25 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
The Lakers actually tried to get Jeremy Lin — they put in a waiver claim on him when the Warriors cut him before the season, but the Rockets got him because they also put in a claim and had a worse record last year. When the Rockets waived him, the Lakers didn’t bother because they knew another team with a worse record last year (the Knicks among them) would.
Rockets coach Kevin McHale has nothing but nice things to say about Lin and wishes him well.
Journalist Jason Whttlock has apologized for his unfunny and just stupid twitter comment about Lin.
Lin clowning around on Xanga back in 2004 (when he was 16), showing off his imitation of NBA headband styles.
Expect Nene to be out four-to-five days with a bum knee.
On Sunday, Rashard Lewis joined Jason Kidd and Paul Pierce as the only NBA players ever with least 15,000 points, 5,000 rebounds and 1,500 three-pointers. He’s become a punch line because of his contract, but the guy has game.
A group of war veterans is trying to get Orlando officials to give up their All-Star tickets to said veterans.
A video breakdown of how good the Bulls defense is.
Out in Golden State, rookie Klay Thompson has 33 points his last two games and is finding his stroke from three. Just something to watch.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20