LeBron, heckler reportedly had words in Washington

Feb 13, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT

Miami Heat v Atlanta Hawks Getty Images

LeBron James’ talent may have moved to South Beach, but he still fills the arenas. However, the sound he hears in those arenas is a lot different than he heard a few years ago. Then he was the wunderkind carrying the Cavaliers on his back, now he is the villain leader of the Heat.

He hears boos now, and hecklers. Pretty much every game. Those hecklers let him hear the fourth quarters. About his mother.

LeBron and one of those hecklers got into it in Washington, as reported on twitter by Sarah Schorno, who writes for NBCWashington.com (via Deadspin).

Wanted to give Heat PR time to comment on the LeBron fan altercation. I’ll update you if they end up doing so, but here’s the story… I saw a Wizards fan and LeBron in a heated conversation on the sideline during the game Friday night. I spoke to the fan and got his side…

LeBron was waiting alone in the backcourt when fan Bob Moore made a comment to LeBron about Delonte West and LeBron’s mom… According to Moore, LeBron said “The only reason you talk s*** is because you know I can’t come off the court right now and beat you’re a**”… Also according to Moore, LeBron continued “But if I had a free pass, I’d kick you’re a** right now.”… Moore replied, “I’m right here baby. Let’s go” before security stepped in.

LeBron haters will have fun with this one, but if he wants to defend his mother, I’m pretty much good with that.

Look, you pay for your tickets, and if you want to boo the man or yell whatever at him, it’s your right. But he doesn’t have to just sit there and quietly take it. I don’t have an issue with him responding in this case. You say something to a man — particularly about his mother — he can fire back.

LeBron is not going to go into the crowd, that would cross the line, but so what if he verbally defends himself?

1. southbeachtalent - Feb 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Cowards, plain and simple. He knows the consequences LeBron faces if he reacts. As usual Lebron haters are beyond pathetic.

He should have just ignored that bum.

2. progress2011 - Feb 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM

There is a very obvious cultural difference, based on the responses.

The responders that are O.K. with someone speaking about their Mom/ Mother/ Momma ….whatever you want to call the lady that gave birth to you….did not grow up in my ” Hood ” !!!

There are a number of guys, from across the tracks, when we were bused into the suburbs to go to school, missing teeth, for speaking out of line…ESPECIALLY , about a Black mans mother.

Talking badly about a Black mans mother is WORSE than using the N-word !!!

All the responders that think it’s O.K. , to tell Momma jokes, if you have any Black male friends, the next time you see him, call his Mother a derogatory name and see what happens.

Make sure your dental insurance is paid up first !!!

• mytthor - Feb 13, 2012 at 1:06 PM

This has nothing to do with race. Friends playing the dozens are a different thing from some stranger saying it. Any man from any race will get in your face for saying something like that, because it’s not about what you say, it’s about the disrespect meant when you say it.

Bottom line is LeBron could rescue an orphan from a burning building and people would find something wrong with it.

And no, it isn’t worse than the N-Word.

Also, please note you should not be putting spaces around all your quotation marks and commas.

• asublimeday - Feb 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Yep, white people don’t care about their moms, just black guys.

What a series of grammatically correct, coherent, and relevant points.

Please post more often.

• progress2011 - Feb 13, 2012 at 4:53 PM

You got it (asublimeday )…if you are here to check punctuation, you prob ” took names” when the teacher left the room 2. You probably are missing a few teeth yourself.

I have ZERO intent to write a business letter format ” blogging ” !!!!!

If it make$ you feel smarter to do so, good luck wit dat !!!

kinda like me telling you to have an online name, that ” don’t not ” make you sound like an as$-sublime…..who would chose such a name…what does that say about you…..kinda creepy, if you really ” wanna ” know !

mytthor….it’s your opinion the N-word means something. It means nothing to me ….and U’m Black ! My mentality is obviously different than yours. I care less of an opinion or name calling, involving myself. You keep dealing with that.

However, talking about my mother, would be more personal and will get you on your way to having a very bad day.

The point is, apparently, dat’s how LBJ feels too. Talk about me all you like. But NEVER disrespect my Mother ( aka – the person that gave birth to me ).

( you still playing English/ Gr@mmar teach 2 ) ….ahahahaha

• micklethepickle - Feb 13, 2012 at 6:14 PM

What a shame that your mother didn’t teach you what a “generalization” is. Seriously? Black guys love their moms more than any other ethnicity? Maybe you should spend less time in your ” Hood ” (I included the spaces for you), and more time learning how to read and write.

• BrownsTown - Feb 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Give him a break. He’s white. It’s probably Jason Williams.

• progress2011 - Feb 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM

White Choc-o-late….ahahaha

I love the internet because how do you really kno … we are all 1’s and 0’s

ahahahaha!!!

• BrownsTown - Feb 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM

By your overemphasis and self-identification with these “black guys,” I can only assume that you’re whiter than the snow I shoveled out of my driveway today.

• progress2011 - Feb 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM

1’s and 0’s, ” BrownsTown ” ….ahahaha

One thing is for sure, you live in, or have an allegiance to one of the worst places in the U.S.

BrownsTown, can I call you ” Brotha-Man “…..you need to be moving outta town !

Shoveling friggin snow…why subject yourself to such manual labor and caveman like conditions.

You should pack up your bags, head to South Beach and have a nice cool beverage with LBJ on the beach….

Yep, you ” Bro ” can be on the beach …in February !!!

But I’m sure you are gonna ” keep it real ” and keep shoveling S , in Cleveland !!!

How barbaric and ridiculous

3. jagwar73 - Feb 13, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Sign a waiver Bob Moore. Let’s see how tough you really are.

• asublimeday - Feb 13, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Just because Lebron is big doesn’t mean he can fight. If this guy is willing to stand up to bron’ bron’, he likely has some skills.

• progress2011 - Feb 13, 2012 at 5:38 PM

as$ sub-lime, I’m on vacation and ” chillin ” . So, I have the next week to goof off and blog.

But I must ask, do you have a friggin life, outside of hawking every ” KING JAMES ” article to post your dorkie comments.

You are a sad soul. Please find another hobby…. marbles, hop-scotch, hid and seek, darts are just a few suggestions I got for ya.

Do something dude.

You seem a little pathetic ( esp. since you actually got time to grammar and spell check every post ).

If msnbc wanted bloggers to use perfect grammar and spell check, they would have added that feature, along with all the other professional letter writing features.

ahahahahaaha

• michiganhockey11 - Feb 13, 2012 at 2:06 PM

The Heat would never let LeBron do it. Even if the fan signed a waiver. Heat has to much to lose if LeBron catches 1 shot to the jaw and shuts off the electricity.

4. dirkified - Feb 13, 2012 at 2:22 PM

So this is the worst Lebron has obviously heard.. right? What is this story even about.. it is about nothing. It is like one handcuffed guy telling the other handcuffed guy I would kick your ass but I have handcuffs on.. Let the little dogs chirp, who cares?

Lame..

5. goforthanddie - Feb 13, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Dude should’ve handed over his phone # to arrange a get-together during the off-season and told leb to show up without his posse.

6. lancer255 - Feb 13, 2012 at 4:24 PM

It is wrong man. That is not being a good fan keep it about basketball.

7. cowhawkfan - Feb 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Does LeBitty realizes this will stop when he quits responding…I don’t blame him for doing so and if this occurred off the court, I’d expect him to knock the man out. But on the court, he needs to tune it out.

8. barklikeadog - Feb 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Ha ha! Keep your mother out of my yard and I’ll keep my yard…

9. dirtybird2020 - Feb 13, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Lebron has a tattoo of west on his arm that says “dad” , lol, hey someone needs to be his dad! Lol, love it

• progress2011 - Feb 13, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Dirty Bird…..REALLY DUDE !!!

If you live in Atlanta ( I LOVE ME SOME ATL ) But you live in a state that has EVERY major professional sport and ya’ll SUCK at every one !!!

1. Atlanta Falcons – qb with the weakest arm in the league

2. Hawks – Joe Johnson makes more than Wade, LBJ & Kobe and dude sucks !

3. Braves – they under-achieved all those years they had ” super-star ” players. Now they have all no name players, they are horrible.

4. The Thrashers – Why the heck do ya’ll have a hockey team, in Hot-Lanta !!! That’s just stoopid. Whats the attendance…bout 50 people a night. ahahaha

Dude, my advice is for you to change your screen name ! You are embarrassing yourself talking bout sports.

P.S. Now if you want to come on here and talk about Magic City….O.K. cool, I’m all ears. ahahaha

• southbeachtalent - Feb 14, 2012 at 9:30 AM

hahahahahahahahah that was so hilarious. man.. my sides hurt. your material is solid.

you still mad that kobe got schooled by a d-leaguer??? (I don’t know if I spelled that right but we got plenty of scrubs on here that can correct me)

10. mrgoodbar216 - Feb 14, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Last time i checked words aint never physically hurt no one. Is the heckler hittin below the belt, yes but thats what people do. Lebron is the profesional with way too much to lose for attacking a fan. He has to know that the reaction that he gave the fan is exactly what the fan wanted. Fan wins that battle if lebron responds. Suck it up and let your game do the fighting. Thats what makes you a real pro dealing with adversities in a profesional manner.

• progress2011 - Feb 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM

As men, when we know we are in fighting shape, sometimes we just want to impose our physical prowess over others, make them cower and send them home !

As long as men have testosterone ( some have more than others ) we will be physically aggressive. It’s a chemical we were born with. The men with the higher levels of testosterone, will usually be more aggressive.

We don’t actually have to fight. And don’t have any intention of fighting ( in most cases ) because we have too much to lose.

It’s pure intimidation. It’s very funny also, to see the look in another guys face, at that very moment when he becomes a coward.

That’s all LBJ was doing. He was just having a little fun. It’s not his fault, it’s the pure natural chemical men are born with and it can’t always be controlled.

11. pow124 - Feb 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM

lebron is better than michael jordan

Lakers, Celtics among lottery bound teams
Top 10 NBA Player Searches