Feb 13, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
LeBron James’ talent may have moved to South Beach, but he still fills the arenas. However, the sound he hears in those arenas is a lot different than he heard a few years ago. Then he was the wunderkind carrying the Cavaliers on his back, now he is the villain leader of the Heat.
He hears boos now, and hecklers. Pretty much every game. Those hecklers let him hear the fourth quarters. About his mother.
Wanted to give Heat PR time to comment on the LeBron fan altercation. I’ll update you if they end up doing so, but here’s the story… I saw a Wizards fan and LeBron in a heated conversation on the sideline during the game Friday night. I spoke to the fan and got his side…
LeBron was waiting alone in the backcourt when fan Bob Moore made a comment to LeBron about Delonte West and LeBron’s mom… According to Moore, LeBron said “The only reason you talk s*** is because you know I can’t come off the court right now and beat you’re a**”… Also according to Moore, LeBron continued “But if I had a free pass, I’d kick you’re a** right now.”… Moore replied, “I’m right here baby. Let’s go” before security stepped in.
LeBron haters will have fun with this one, but if he wants to defend his mother, I’m pretty much good with that.
Look, you pay for your tickets, and if you want to boo the man or yell whatever at him, it’s your right. But he doesn’t have to just sit there and quietly take it. I don’t have an issue with him responding in this case. You say something to a man — particularly about his mother — he can fire back.
LeBron is not going to go into the crowd, that would cross the line, but so what if he verbally defends himself?
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49