Feb 13, 2012, 8:31 PM EDT
Josh Smith should have been an All-Star. He has stepped up his play with Al Horford out and is giving the Hawks 15.9 points, 9.3 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.1 blocks per game, and the Hawks are your four seed in the East at 18-10. Hard to look the other way.
“I guess I don’t know the right people or kiss enough [butt].”
Or there is this from his story in the paper.
“You’ve got to factor in there is a lot of politics involved in the All-Star selection,” Smith said Friday.…
“I can’t really point a finger and blame anybody because, at the end of the day, when you leave it up to certain people that still have ties to their agents, [and] players in this game today probably [are] just putting in a bid over the phone, or however they do it,” he said. “You have to factor that in.”
I could make a case for why Smith should be in over Deng or Pierce, but the fact is those are not bad selections. I would have gone with Smith over Deng, but this isn’t a terrible decision. Just too many good players and not enough spots. It’s not all politics.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9