Feb 13, 2012, 8:31 PM EST
Josh Smith should have been an All-Star. He has stepped up his play with Al Horford out and is giving the Hawks 15.9 points, 9.3 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.1 blocks per game, and the Hawks are your four seed in the East at 18-10. Hard to look the other way.
“I guess I don’t know the right people or kiss enough [butt].”
Or there is this from his story in the paper.
“You’ve got to factor in there is a lot of politics involved in the All-Star selection,” Smith said Friday.…
“I can’t really point a finger and blame anybody because, at the end of the day, when you leave it up to certain people that still have ties to their agents, [and] players in this game today probably [are] just putting in a bid over the phone, or however they do it,” he said. “You have to factor that in.”
I could make a case for why Smith should be in over Deng or Pierce, but the fact is those are not bad selections. I would have gone with Smith over Deng, but this isn’t a terrible decision. Just too many good players and not enough spots. It’s not all politics.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 0
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 3
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 11
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17