Feb 13, 2012, 9:43 PM EST
UPDATE 9:43 pm: Roburt Sallie spoke with Gary Parish of CBS Radio today and wanted to clarify a few things. As you thought he might. Here are the key parts, via Eye on Basketball.
Two things he attempted to clarify in this absolutely must-listen interview: 1) He did not take “Extends” but a male enchancement pill called “Black Ant.” The difference is that “Extends” is to enlarge your penis while “Black Ant” is just something to increase sexual potency….
2) Sallie says he disclosed that he took the enhancement pills and also says he has not been paid. He wasn’t “cut” as the team says, but actually released himself.
There are about 8 million jokes here, you can write them yourself. We are simply conduits of information in this case.
3:35 pm: I have always held a grudge against Roburt Sallie, but I wouldn’t have wished this on anyone.
If you’re a college basketball fan you may remember Roburt Sallie, who played for the Memphis Tigers. I remember his as the guy who dropped 35 on my alma mater in the first round of the NCAA tournament a few years back. Hence my issue with him.
He never played in the NBA but spent last year playing in Europe until he was cut from his Spanish team a couple months ago. What is interesting is why — via Draft Express, here is the story, translated by Google from the Spanish on Tubasket.com.
On November 18, his team won the ENIAC Knet & Rioja, 83-75, with 5 points in his 20 minutes of play. After the party had to pass the drugs test and was then was nailed. When asked if he was taking any medications, acknowledged that yes, some pills named ‘Extenze’, to lengthen the penis.
Nothing bad if not for the ‘small’ detail that can give doping test for testosterone, and worse, because no one knew at the club, with consequent damage to the Tarragona in case of receiving a sanction. It was then understood why the player, formed in college Memphis and graduated a year before finishing his basketball career in the NCAA, his poor relationship with peers, and almost never take a shower in the locker room, or after games or practice.
‘Extenze’? Oh, that is the hard way to get caught doping. So to speak.
Man, you know that is coming up in every locker room he steps in for the rest of his career.
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 0
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 30
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 8