Feb 11, 2012, 7:58 PM EDT
The legend of Lin grew Friday night when he dropped 38 on the Lakers and led the Knicks to their fourth straight win while Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire are out of the lineup. New York cannot get enough of Lin, who has become the biggest thing in the city since “The Producers.”
Among those going crazy for Lin is Knicks superfan Spike Lee, which leads to this exchange with Golden State coach Mark Jackson, via Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
According to Jackson, Lee “thanked” Jackson for making Lin available so that the Knicks could pick him up.
“I got a text message from Spike Lee this morning,” Jackson said after Warriors’ practice on Saturday. “I had nothing to do with Jeremy Lin. I never saw him do a layup. So for the people … stop asking me. He never practiced for us so leave me out of it.”
Jackson is right. Lin was let go by the Warriors before training camp because they needed his salary (just $300,000) to go into the big free agent offer the team made to DeAndre Jordan (a $10 million a year deal the Clippers matched).
Besides, Lin never played this well in Golden State.
Thursday night the Lakers were the first team to play Lin by the book — make him beat you with his shaky jump shot. Except Lin did — he was 4-of-6 from 16 feet out to the arc and 2-of-4 from three.
The legend of Lin just continues to grow.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31