Feb 11, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
Congratulations Scott Brooks, your team is so good you don’t get a vacation.
While Gregg Popovich is sipping wine somewhere and Vinny Del Negro is… well, I don’t want to know what Del Negro is doing, Brooks will be coaching the Western Conference All-Stars in Orlando Feb. 26. The coach of the team with the best record in each conference on Feb. 15 will coach the game (you can’t do it two years in a row, however).
So Brooks, your Oklahoma City Thunder have secured the best record in the West come Feb. 15, what are you going to do?
“I’m going to Disneyworld… except I won’t really have time to go to Disneyworld. But my wife and kids might.”
It is likely that Chicago’s Tom Thibodeau will coach the East. Which means Luol Deng better get ready to play 41 minutes in the All-Star Game, too.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 1
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8