Feb 11, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
Congratulations Scott Brooks, your team is so good you don’t get a vacation.
While Gregg Popovich is sipping wine somewhere and Vinny Del Negro is… well, I don’t want to know what Del Negro is doing, Brooks will be coaching the Western Conference All-Stars in Orlando Feb. 26. The coach of the team with the best record in each conference on Feb. 15 will coach the game (you can’t do it two years in a row, however).
So Brooks, your Oklahoma City Thunder have secured the best record in the West come Feb. 15, what are you going to do?
“I’m going to Disneyworld… except I won’t really have time to go to Disneyworld. But my wife and kids might.”
It is likely that Chicago’s Tom Thibodeau will coach the East. Which means Luol Deng better get ready to play 41 minutes in the All-Star Game, too.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50