Feb 11, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
Congratulations Scott Brooks, your team is so good you don’t get a vacation.
While Gregg Popovich is sipping wine somewhere and Vinny Del Negro is… well, I don’t want to know what Del Negro is doing, Brooks will be coaching the Western Conference All-Stars in Orlando Feb. 26. The coach of the team with the best record in each conference on Feb. 15 will coach the game (you can’t do it two years in a row, however).
So Brooks, your Oklahoma City Thunder have secured the best record in the West come Feb. 15, what are you going to do?
“I’m going to Disneyworld… except I won’t really have time to go to Disneyworld. But my wife and kids might.”
It is likely that Chicago’s Tom Thibodeau will coach the East. Which means Luol Deng better get ready to play 41 minutes in the All-Star Game, too.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 37
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42