Feb 11, 2012, 10:54 AM EST
Congratulations Scott Brooks, your team is so good you don’t get a vacation.
While Gregg Popovich is sipping wine somewhere and Vinny Del Negro is… well, I don’t want to know what Del Negro is doing, Brooks will be coaching the Western Conference All-Stars in Orlando Feb. 26. The coach of the team with the best record in each conference on Feb. 15 will coach the game (you can’t do it two years in a row, however).
So Brooks, your Oklahoma City Thunder have secured the best record in the West come Feb. 15, what are you going to do?
“I’m going to Disneyworld… except I won’t really have time to go to Disneyworld. But my wife and kids might.”
It is likely that Chicago’s Tom Thibodeau will coach the East. Which means Luol Deng better get ready to play 41 minutes in the All-Star Game, too.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)