Feb 11, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
Congratulations Scott Brooks, your team is so good you don’t get a vacation.
While Gregg Popovich is sipping wine somewhere and Vinny Del Negro is… well, I don’t want to know what Del Negro is doing, Brooks will be coaching the Western Conference All-Stars in Orlando Feb. 26. The coach of the team with the best record in each conference on Feb. 15 will coach the game (you can’t do it two years in a row, however).
So Brooks, your Oklahoma City Thunder have secured the best record in the West come Feb. 15, what are you going to do?
“I’m going to Disneyworld… except I won’t really have time to go to Disneyworld. But my wife and kids might.”
It is likely that Chicago’s Tom Thibodeau will coach the East. Which means Luol Deng better get ready to play 41 minutes in the All-Star Game, too.
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (92)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (61)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay