Feb 10, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
But it’s been different for the Washington Wizards — their home games have sounded more like road games at times.
Combine the fact that the Wizards are not a real draw right now — they are 5-21 and have had zero sellouts this season — with the fact our nation’s capital is, by design, a melding of people from all over the nation and you have had games where the Wizards feel like the road team in D.C.
It’s not going to be better when the Heat come to town Friday. Here are the quotes in the Washington Post.
We’ve played enough games, we know what the crowd is going to be,” rookie forward Chris Singleton said. “Seems like they are against us the first three quarters and they’re on our side for the fourth. I guess that’s how Washington is.”
“That’s tough,” Coach Randy Wittman said. “That’s our job to play to have those guys on our side. Everybody that pays a ticket has a right to root for who they want. But obviously, at home, you want the fans on your side. We’re going to get to that and it’s going to be that way some day.”
It’s really this simple: Win and you will get the love, Wizards. Play disinterested and sloppy like you have, and there is no love.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29