Feb 10, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
Kevin Love is flat out wrong.
Let me be clear, I like the guy. I like his game, I like him (in our limited interactions), but this is like suggesting the second season of Friday Night Lights was the best one. It is objectively wrong.
Here is what Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press tweeted.
This is a horrific idea in baseball, to try to put meaning into an exhibition. Here’s an idea — let an exhibition be an exhibition. It’s a showcase. Entertainment. Shaq dancing with the Jabberwockies. It is not serious basketball. That’s okay, we have the playoffs for that. Let this be what it is.
If you play all season to have the best record in the NBA — if (every season but this lockout-shortened one) you play every team in the other conference — then the team with the best record should get home court. The All-Star idea is terrible. Or, if you are Charles Barkley, “turrable.” Either way.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 0
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8