Feb 10, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Kevin Love is an All-Star, selected by the coaches as a reserve. He earned it and there was no suspense about whether he would make it.
Love says he also will compete in three-point shooting contest at All Star Game….
Love when asked about chances in 3pt contest: “I think I got a good shot at anything I do. I’m a pretty competitive guy.”
Love can knock down the three ball, he’s shooting 37.8 percent this year from deep. And he brings a little star power to an event often dominated by great shooters not really recognized by casual fans. Sorry Jason Kapono and James Jones, but it’s true. That said, a few stars — Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Dirk Nowitzki, and back when it started Larry Bird — have won this.
No word yet on who else is competing, but smart money says a player or two from the hometown Magic (J.J. Redick, Ryan Anderson maybe) will take part. The three-point contest will be part of All-Star Saturday night on Feb. 25 (along with the dunk contest), and will be broadcast on TNT.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 0
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 0
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 14
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 40