Feb 10, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Kevin Love is an All-Star, selected by the coaches as a reserve. He earned it and there was no suspense about whether he would make it.
Love says he also will compete in three-point shooting contest at All Star Game….
Love when asked about chances in 3pt contest: “I think I got a good shot at anything I do. I’m a pretty competitive guy.”
Love can knock down the three ball, he’s shooting 37.8 percent this year from deep. And he brings a little star power to an event often dominated by great shooters not really recognized by casual fans. Sorry Jason Kapono and James Jones, but it’s true. That said, a few stars — Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Dirk Nowitzki, and back when it started Larry Bird — have won this.
No word yet on who else is competing, but smart money says a player or two from the hometown Magic (J.J. Redick, Ryan Anderson maybe) will take part. The three-point contest will be part of All-Star Saturday night on Feb. 25 (along with the dunk contest), and will be broadcast on TNT.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37