Feb 10, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Kevin Love is an All-Star, selected by the coaches as a reserve. He earned it and there was no suspense about whether he would make it.
Love says he also will compete in three-point shooting contest at All Star Game….
Love when asked about chances in 3pt contest: “I think I got a good shot at anything I do. I’m a pretty competitive guy.”
Love can knock down the three ball, he’s shooting 37.8 percent this year from deep. And he brings a little star power to an event often dominated by great shooters not really recognized by casual fans. Sorry Jason Kapono and James Jones, but it’s true. That said, a few stars — Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Dirk Nowitzki, and back when it started Larry Bird — have won this.
No word yet on who else is competing, but smart money says a player or two from the hometown Magic (J.J. Redick, Ryan Anderson maybe) will take part. The three-point contest will be part of All-Star Saturday night on Feb. 25 (along with the dunk contest), and will be broadcast on TNT.
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 0
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 23
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 19
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 58
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings strike back
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay