Feb 10, 2012, 7:32 PM EST
This is the smart thing to do.
The Chicago Bulls need Derrick Rose — but they need him more Sunday against Boston and going forward as we crawl toward the playoffs the playoffs than they do Friday against the lowly Charlotte Bobcats.
This is exactly what the Bulls should do — Charlotte is a team they can beat without Rose. But regardless, as you have seen veteran coaches like Gregg Popovich do in the past, resting players now to keep them fresh as we get deeper into the season and start thinking playoffs matters more than a regular season win.
You can bet Rose will be back Sunday for Boston.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)