Feb 10, 2012, 7:32 PM EST
This is the smart thing to do.
The Chicago Bulls need Derrick Rose — but they need him more Sunday against Boston and going forward as we crawl toward the playoffs the playoffs than they do Friday against the lowly Charlotte Bobcats.
This is exactly what the Bulls should do — Charlotte is a team they can beat without Rose. But regardless, as you have seen veteran coaches like Gregg Popovich do in the past, resting players now to keep them fresh as we get deeper into the season and start thinking playoffs matters more than a regular season win.
You can bet Rose will be back Sunday for Boston.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13