Feb 10, 2012, 7:32 PM EST
This is the smart thing to do.
The Chicago Bulls need Derrick Rose — but they need him more Sunday against Boston and going forward as we crawl toward the playoffs the playoffs than they do Friday against the lowly Charlotte Bobcats.
This is exactly what the Bulls should do — Charlotte is a team they can beat without Rose. But regardless, as you have seen veteran coaches like Gregg Popovich do in the past, resting players now to keep them fresh as we get deeper into the season and start thinking playoffs matters more than a regular season win.
You can bet Rose will be back Sunday for Boston.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 0
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 2
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 5
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16