Feb 10, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
This is the smart thing to do.
The Chicago Bulls need Derrick Rose — but they need him more Sunday against Boston and going forward as we crawl toward the playoffs the playoffs than they do Friday against the lowly Charlotte Bobcats.
This is exactly what the Bulls should do — Charlotte is a team they can beat without Rose. But regardless, as you have seen veteran coaches like Gregg Popovich do in the past, resting players now to keep them fresh as we get deeper into the season and start thinking playoffs matters more than a regular season win.
You can bet Rose will be back Sunday for Boston.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49