Feb 10, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
This is the smart thing to do.
The Chicago Bulls need Derrick Rose — but they need him more Sunday against Boston and going forward as we crawl toward the playoffs the playoffs than they do Friday against the lowly Charlotte Bobcats.
This is exactly what the Bulls should do — Charlotte is a team they can beat without Rose. But regardless, as you have seen veteran coaches like Gregg Popovich do in the past, resting players now to keep them fresh as we get deeper into the season and start thinking playoffs matters more than a regular season win.
You can bet Rose will be back Sunday for Boston.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13