Feb 10, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
But he expects to play, reports Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com.
This is exactly what Rose said Wednesday and he went out and played 22 minutes in a win over the Hornets. I’d bet he plays. Frankly, the Hornets are better than the Bobcats so he could play and still have reduced minutes. The Bulls have the Celtics on national television Sunday.
This all comes back to a bigger issue with the Bulls and Tom Thibodeau — does he need to lighten up the minutes and give guys the night off sometimes? He has an old-school “you’re healthy enough to play a full game or you’re not” mentality, but that doesn’t fit well with this year’s condensed NBA schedule. There’s a reason long time successful coaches like Gregg Popovich sit guys and get them breaks during the season, because what matters is being healthy and rested come the playoffs.
Whether Rose plays tonight against the Bobcats is not going to decide the playoff fate of the Bulls by any stretch, but the bigger picture issue could be huge for Chicago.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 24
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7