Feb 10, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
But he expects to play, reports Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com.
This is exactly what Rose said Wednesday and he went out and played 22 minutes in a win over the Hornets. I’d bet he plays. Frankly, the Hornets are better than the Bobcats so he could play and still have reduced minutes. The Bulls have the Celtics on national television Sunday.
This all comes back to a bigger issue with the Bulls and Tom Thibodeau — does he need to lighten up the minutes and give guys the night off sometimes? He has an old-school “you’re healthy enough to play a full game or you’re not” mentality, but that doesn’t fit well with this year’s condensed NBA schedule. There’s a reason long time successful coaches like Gregg Popovich sit guys and get them breaks during the season, because what matters is being healthy and rested come the playoffs.
Whether Rose plays tonight against the Bobcats is not going to decide the playoff fate of the Bulls by any stretch, but the bigger picture issue could be huge for Chicago.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 0
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 13
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2