Feb 10, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
But he expects to play, reports Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com.
This is exactly what Rose said Wednesday and he went out and played 22 minutes in a win over the Hornets. I’d bet he plays. Frankly, the Hornets are better than the Bobcats so he could play and still have reduced minutes. The Bulls have the Celtics on national television Sunday.
This all comes back to a bigger issue with the Bulls and Tom Thibodeau — does he need to lighten up the minutes and give guys the night off sometimes? He has an old-school “you’re healthy enough to play a full game or you’re not” mentality, but that doesn’t fit well with this year’s condensed NBA schedule. There’s a reason long time successful coaches like Gregg Popovich sit guys and get them breaks during the season, because what matters is being healthy and rested come the playoffs.
Whether Rose plays tonight against the Bobcats is not going to decide the playoff fate of the Bulls by any stretch, but the bigger picture issue could be huge for Chicago.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 4
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million