Feb 9, 2012, 9:55 AM EDT
Kenyon Martin is back from China and was in a Clippers uniform last night.
But there are still three quality names set to return to the NBA when their teams’ seasons end in China — Wilson Chandler, J.R. Smith and Aaron Brooks. There are a lot of teams around the NBA who need some help and have their eyes on those guys.
But you may want to take Chandler off the list — he plans to return to Denver, where a deep team would get even deeper. Here is what his agent told Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Chandler is drawing “significant interest” from other NBA teams, Chandler’s agent, Chris Luchey said, but he wants to re-sign with the Nuggets for either the rest or the season or a longer-term deal….
Wilson likes their direction and the stabilization of their roster in Denver with the young talent,” Luchey said in a phone interview from China. “He wants to see how they develop as a team. It’s a unique situation. The ball is in their court. If Wilson is comfortable, he will be a part of their core group.”
Denver has the upper hand in signing Chandler as he is a restricted free agent so the Nuggets have the right to match any offer to him anyway. They just may not have to go through that process. Don’t be shocked if a two or three year deal is worked out.
Chandler averaged 12.5 points and 5 rebounds a game last season. He fit in well with the Nuggets after being traded from the Knicks as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade.
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 19
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 18