Feb 9, 2012, 9:55 AM EDT
Kenyon Martin is back from China and was in a Clippers uniform last night.
But there are still three quality names set to return to the NBA when their teams’ seasons end in China — Wilson Chandler, J.R. Smith and Aaron Brooks. There are a lot of teams around the NBA who need some help and have their eyes on those guys.
But you may want to take Chandler off the list — he plans to return to Denver, where a deep team would get even deeper. Here is what his agent told Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
Chandler is drawing “significant interest” from other NBA teams, Chandler’s agent, Chris Luchey said, but he wants to re-sign with the Nuggets for either the rest or the season or a longer-term deal….
Wilson likes their direction and the stabilization of their roster in Denver with the young talent,” Luchey said in a phone interview from China. “He wants to see how they develop as a team. It’s a unique situation. The ball is in their court. If Wilson is comfortable, he will be a part of their core group.”
Denver has the upper hand in signing Chandler as he is a restricted free agent so the Nuggets have the right to match any offer to him anyway. They just may not have to go through that process. Don’t be shocked if a two or three year deal is worked out.
Chandler averaged 12.5 points and 5 rebounds a game last season. He fit in well with the Nuggets after being traded from the Knicks as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 45
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 58
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13