Feb 9, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Kevin Durant is laying down the lyrics — he is in a rap video with Privaledge and sounding pretty good. Normally we’d run the video, but the lyrics prevent it — warning, if you are easily offended this is not for you — but here is the link.
There is a rumor going around Los Angeles of a Pau Gasol for Rajon Rondo trade. Let me say for the record it is complete and utter BS. Not happening. Figment of a writer’s imagination. I have about the same chance of getting invited to the Oscars by Michelle Williams.
We’re with Ray here — the whole “Kings to Seattle” rumors have about all the weight of those Gasol for Rondo rumors.
Here’s a good breakdown of Jeremy Lin’s game.
Bulls players’ reactions to Will Ferrell’s team introductions.
The Clippers defensive effort bothered coach Vinny Del Negro Wednesday. It should, it was terrible.
The Bird/Magic Broadway play is getting close to opening.
The Rockets have signed center Greg Smith. It’s a three year deal but it is only partially guaranteed for next season and the third season is a team option.
The Hornets have signed Donald Sloan to a 10-day contract.
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 0
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20