Feb 9, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Kevin Durant is laying down the lyrics — he is in a rap video with Privaledge and sounding pretty good. Normally we’d run the video, but the lyrics prevent it — warning, if you are easily offended this is not for you — but here is the link.
There is a rumor going around Los Angeles of a Pau Gasol for Rajon Rondo trade. Let me say for the record it is complete and utter BS. Not happening. Figment of a writer’s imagination. I have about the same chance of getting invited to the Oscars by Michelle Williams.
We’re with Ray here — the whole “Kings to Seattle” rumors have about all the weight of those Gasol for Rondo rumors.
Here’s a good breakdown of Jeremy Lin’s game.
Bulls players’ reactions to Will Ferrell’s team introductions.
The Clippers defensive effort bothered coach Vinny Del Negro Wednesday. It should, it was terrible.
The Bird/Magic Broadway play is getting close to opening.
The Rockets have signed center Greg Smith. It’s a three year deal but it is only partially guaranteed for next season and the third season is a team option.
The Hornets have signed Donald Sloan to a 10-day contract.
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 6
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 5
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 13
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 10
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14