Feb 9, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Kevin Durant is laying down the lyrics — he is in a rap video with Privaledge and sounding pretty good. Normally we’d run the video, but the lyrics prevent it — warning, if you are easily offended this is not for you — but here is the link.
There is a rumor going around Los Angeles of a Pau Gasol for Rajon Rondo trade. Let me say for the record it is complete and utter BS. Not happening. Figment of a writer’s imagination. I have about the same chance of getting invited to the Oscars by Michelle Williams.
We’re with Ray here — the whole “Kings to Seattle” rumors have about all the weight of those Gasol for Rondo rumors.
Here’s a good breakdown of Jeremy Lin’s game.
Bulls players’ reactions to Will Ferrell’s team introductions.
The Clippers defensive effort bothered coach Vinny Del Negro Wednesday. It should, it was terrible.
The Bird/Magic Broadway play is getting close to opening.
The Rockets have signed center Greg Smith. It’s a three year deal but it is only partially guaranteed for next season and the third season is a team option.
The Hornets have signed Donald Sloan to a 10-day contract.
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (92)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (61)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay