Feb 9, 2012, 11:01 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Kevin Durant is laying down the lyrics — he is in a rap video with Privaledge and sounding pretty good. Normally we’d run the video, but the lyrics prevent it — warning, if you are easily offended this is not for you — but here is the link.
There is a rumor going around Los Angeles of a Pau Gasol for Rajon Rondo trade. Let me say for the record it is complete and utter BS. Not happening. Figment of a writer’s imagination. I have about the same chance of getting invited to the Oscars by Michelle Williams.
We’re with Ray here — the whole “Kings to Seattle” rumors have about all the weight of those Gasol for Rondo rumors.
Here’s a good breakdown of Jeremy Lin’s game.
Bulls players’ reactions to Will Ferrell’s team introductions.
The Clippers defensive effort bothered coach Vinny Del Negro Wednesday. It should, it was terrible.
The Bird/Magic Broadway play is getting close to opening.
The Rockets have signed center Greg Smith. It’s a three year deal but it is only partially guaranteed for next season and the third season is a team option.
The Hornets have signed Donald Sloan to a 10-day contract.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 6
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 0
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 18
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 14
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)